doesnt make sense to fire homer now

oh believe me i want him gone but if they get rid of him now, it wont make sense because the trade deadline is less than week away and the new gm will probably need a month to evaluate the roster, of who to get rid of or not to get rid of, if homer makes no trades by deadline, it means he's probably going to be gone after this season because snider would want the next gm in the offseason to evaluate the roster and see what says and goes.

The trade deadline is going to pass without the Flyers making a move unless some other GM is stupid enough to overpay for one of our less than stellar players.

therefore.....why do you think something is going to happen? Why not have a new GM in place to watch the last place Phantoms and nearly last place Flyers for the remainder of the season so he can decide how much muck needs to be shoveled out of this organization?

It is disgraceful to have an organization not only pathetic at the NHL level but to have little to nothing available in the AHL worthwhile promoting.

Why not have a new GM in place to watch the last place Phantoms and nearly last place Flyers for the remainder of the season so he can decide how much muck needs to be shoveled out of this organization?

It is disgraceful to have an organization not only pathetic at the NHL level but to have little to nothing available in the AHL worthwhile promoting.

FIRE HOMER ON April 4th! He can remain in place until the day after the trade deadline and the new GM (Hextall would be my choice) can watch/evaluate the team for the remainder of the year and prepare for the off season trades and draft.

Edited by AlaskaFlyerFan

FIRE HOMER ON April 4th! He can remain in place until the day after the trade deadline and the new GM (Hextall would be my choice) can watch/evaluate the team for the remainder of the year and prepare for the off season trades and draft.

I guess I could wait a few extra days..... :angry:

@AlaskaFlyerFan "FIRE HOMER ON April 4th! He can remain in place until the day after the trade deadline and the new GM (Hextall would be my choice) can watch/evaluate the team for the remainder of the year and prepare for the off season trades and draft.

Really? If you are gonna fire Homer, it would be based on the theory he is incompetent, no? So, why would you allow him to make a few last parting trades. I'd let the new guy do that job, and let him start to put his stamp on the personnel.

oh believe me i want him gone but if they get rid of him now, it wont make sense because the trade deadline is less than week away and the new gm will probably need a month to evaluate the roster, of who to get rid of or not to get rid of, if homer makes no trades by deadline, it means he's probably going to be gone after this season because snider would want the next gm in the offseason to evaluate the roster and see what says and goes.

i think it implies to the coach as well, fire now will do nothing unless they are still in the hunt and struggling which he probably knows it's not the case.

Out of curiosity, do you actually face the computer when you type?

It makes no difference now or the end of the season. We're not making any deadline deals, and I'd just as soon fire him before the deadline to make sure of it. The pieces that would have made sense as sellers are broken and impossible to trade. That leaves dumb ass...er....Holmgren to tinker with players he has no business moving. So fire him NOW...yesterday would be better.

i cant understand why this fanbase think it's ok to be a bad team for years? this year i was expecting it because homer is making bad moves, but with a new gm making good moves getting some in prime not overaging vets to help this team that actually want to play and win, this feels like the philadelphia eagles/sixers teams, this team can be back in the playoffs. all because fans are high on courts and schenn, fans seriously need to get rid of their high and face reality, this is not the way to build a champonship because these players are not the right players and i dont want to hear sophomore slump because they are not even trying, the only ones that are trying is simmounds,rinaldo, and mcginn.

there's no excuses to not play.

Fixed it for you.

.this is the right move, guys like Coburn and Mez, they will not be part of any championship defense.....

that's a little harsh, Coburn has been awful this year but so say he'll never be part of a championship defense sounds a little angry. He will never be the lead dog on a championship defense, but he could be a second pairing guy . he's hit his ceiling and he's not a top pairing guy, but I still think he has value.

however if we can trade him for some blue chip prospect i wouldn't be upset , even a little.

that's a little harsh, Coburn has been awful this year but so say he'll never be part of a championship defense sounds a little angry. He will never be the lead dog on a championship defense, but he could be a second pairing guy . he's hit his ceiling and he's not a top pairing guy, but I still think he has value.

however if we can trade him for some blue chip prospect i wouldn't be upset , even a little.

c'mon now, jammer was spot on about Seidenberg*.

:ph34r:

* to be honest, I can't remember what he said about Seidenberg at the time, but I'm willing to bet... :)

it totally makes sense to fire holmgren now. But it makes more sense to me to have Lukko get POA from Snider. that is what we need, so when the old man comes into homers office all hopped up on the cybergenics ,babbling about how great it would be to get brooks orpik on our blue line , homer can smile & nod and not worry about what happens if he doesn't give Ray Shero Giroux and a 1st to bring the vision to light.

@radoran In regards to Seidenberg....

I found this little gem from maker03, she even throws in the ol' inside Hitch info....LMAO!!

http://forums.philly....1?nav=messages

Also, I should not post this, I unwisely call Eager a "future 25 goal scorer" WTF...LOL! Where in the holy hell did I come up with *that* kind of a pipedream.....geez!! Message is the same though, stick with the kids, be patient....all that good stuff that's a jammer2 trade mark....but I do say "Seids has potential" or something to that effect......ha ha!

http://forums.philly.com/discussions/Flyers_Forum/_/Message_to_Bob_Clarke_/kr-flyers/19086.1?nav=messages

Edited by jammer2

@radoran In regards to Seidenberg....

I found this little gem from maker03, she even throws in the ol' inside Hitch info....LMAO!!

Also, I should not post this, I unwisely call Eager a "future 25 goal scorer" WTF...LOL! Where in the holy hell did I come up with *that* kind of a pipedream.....geez!! Message is the same though, stick with the kids, be patient....all that good stuff that's a jammer2 trade mark....but I do say "Seids has potential" or something to that effect......ha ha!

I forgot what a douche kansasboyd was.