Iginla to Pens! Wow...

Guest Polaris922

I agree that might even be the bigger story--today anyway. The parade will, of course, be the bigger story if/when...

But this was a "Dewey Wins!" or going to bed thinking Al Gore was president moment.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but here's the night for me last night: Jdodge posts Iginla for Lucic. I thought that was pretty stupid, but I ended up seeing that all over twitter. Then I start reading "confirmed" on TSN and twitter but it doesn't involve Lucic. Then it was time to start figuring out exactly who the players were going the other way. Seriously, I was up to just about right before @Polaris922 posted his "Iginla to the Pens" thread. So I go to bed thinking Iginla is a Bruin. If it wasn't a bit earlier out in Calgary, I bet most Flames fans went to bed thinking Iginla was a Bruin. Like you said, "all but had the name sewn on the jersey." I even read various Bruins fans on twitter who were already getting ready to order their sweaters. And I wake up this morning and see "Iginla to Pens! Wow...." in the shout box. I really thought it was a joke and jumped on TSN. Holy fricken crap.

I don't know how the Bruins even attempt to match at this point. I mean, Flyers fans right away say "ooh, Briere is worth more to them now." But honestly, Briere vs. Iginla? Especially given that the Pens were already in a better place than better place than the Bruins and given what they've already done in the last week?

Barring chemistry issues as you guys have stated or multiple injuries, I just don't see stopping the Pittsburgh Express. In fact, forget the Bruins. You have to start wondering what Chicago thinks it needs to do to keep up.

I certainly agree that chemistry could be an issue. Also, there is now more pressure on the Pens to win than any other team. Anything short of the SCF (barring injury) is a disappointment. Some teams/players don't do well with added pressure.

I love the moves as a whole. Funny, I think we gave up more for Morrow than we did for Iginla. I think the offers should have been reversed but the end result is the same so I'll take it.

Sticking with cautiously optimistic though. All it takes is one hot goalie and you are toast. Perfect example....Lundqvist gets real hot and a Rangers team that was a pre-season Cup favorite suddenly starts playing to their potential and snags the 8th seed. Could be a disaster.

I was in the same boat as you as far as finding out. I was dropping some Cosby kids off at the pool this morning listening to the traffic report and just caught the 6:15 a.m. sports update. At this point, I assumed Iginla was a Bruin. The guy doing the update started rattling off Iginla's career numbers and I am waiting for "And now the Pens will have to play against him as a member of the Boston Bruins..." and instead got "And he is now a Pittsburgh Penguin."

I was in the same boat as you as far as finding out. I was dropping some Cosby kids off at the pool this morning listening to the traffic report and just caught the 6:15 a.m. sports update. At this point, I assumed Iginla was a Bruin. The guy doing the update started rattling off Iginla's career numbers and I am waiting for "And now the Pens will have to play against him as a member of the Boston Bruins..." and instead got "And he is now a Pittsburgh Penguin."

That's awesome. I know I'm supposed to hate it, but I'm actually enjoying living vicariously through the Pens fans on here.

Calgary was robbed. One has to wonder if more and more GMs will choose not to allow NTC in future contracts.

@bcostellothn

Agostino and Hanowski are C-list prospects headed Cgy's way. Neither were among Pit's top 10 prospects...longshots to be core NHLers

Funny, I think we gave up more for Morrow than we did for Iginla.

Yeah what the hell is up with that ?

i think Shero has some kind of Jedi mind trick thing going on,

Ray: Those aren't the players you want, you want these guys from Wilkes-Barre.

Feaster : Your right Ray I want those guys from Wilkes Barre,Especially since I passed on Agostino 3 times... say how about a 2nd rounder in 2014 too ? I mean it is Ignina

Ray: No you'll be happy with this years 29th or 30th pick

Feaster: Yes, I'll be happy with that crap shoot.

Ray: you can go now, Your Welcome

Feaster: I can go now, thanks Ray

I mean what the hell ? he improves the roster without moving one guy from his NHL team ? that's some serious Ju-ju or something.

That's just sick.

I really can't disagree with that. But they're obviously excited and should be. And since my team is currently a cess pool, it's good to see them (the fans on here, not necessarily the Pens) have something really cool going on.

• Like 1

I really can't disagree with that. But they're obviously excited and should be. And since my team is currently a cess pool, it's good to see them (the fans on here, not necessarily the Pens) have something really cool going on.

Are you saying that you are happy to see other people happy? That seems so unlike you rux...

• Like 1

Feaster : Your right Ray I want those guys from Wilkes Barre,Especially since I passed on Agostino 3 times... say how about a 2nd rounder in 2014 too ? I mean it is Ignina

I mean what the hell ? he improves the roster without moving one guy from his NHL team ? that's some serious Ju-ju or something.

Feaster no wanga wanga?

Now that's good stuff.

It will be interesting to see, if we ever get the full story, of what happened behind the scenes. Iginla may have had something to do with this after the Morrow and Murray trades. He might have said, hey, if I'm going to be a rental, what's my best chance to win the cup, and told Calgary that the list of teams he'd allow a trade to is now one.

@nossagog

Like I said in the Shero vs Holland thread, Shero is a great gm, cause he has Crosby and malkin. Iginla tells Feaster he wants to play with those two great centers, Feasters hands are tied. Boston offers 2 players that could likely play for Calgary next year, but he's forced to take two guys that will likely never make the NHL and a very low 1st.

@Polaris922 @B21 et al.

You want an interesting read? Read the thread on the Bruins board from last night regarding Iginla, from the Ward tweet that Iggy was Bruin to the Feaster press conference and the realization, starting on page 10, that Iggy is a Penguin. You almost feel bad for these people. They went from elation and planning line combos and power play units to just devastation.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1387315

Where the hell have you been? I'm guessing there might be some mighty sore sheep around your neck of the woods.

Just busy.

Disillusioned as well.

Also nonplussed.

Edited by Podein25

@Polaris922 @B21 et al.

You want an interesting read? Read the thread on the Bruins board from last night regarding Iginla, from the Ward tweet that Iggy was Bruin to the Feaster press conference and the realization, starting on page 10, that Iggy is a Penguin. You almost feel bad for these people. They went from elation and planning line combos and power play units to just devastation.

http://hfboards.hock...d.php?t=1387315

OK - I am on post #176 made at 12:01 a.m. They still think they have him. This is a page turner. I can't put it down. Best seller.

Curious - a Pens fan chimed in with a congratulatory post but his icon was a #12 Iginla Pens jersey. Figured it was changed after he posted but that threw me off.

My favorite so far..."Chia owns Shero".

this is a page turner. I can't put it down.

That was the way I was when I was reading it. Knowing the dread that was coming was too much to stop reading. It was kind of like watching my wife watch The Sixth Sense after I'd already seen it...but with a better plot

I like watching replays of something that happens in a game but focus on the reactions from the crowd. Like I still watch the recording of the Flyers/Senators brawl a few years back but get a kick out of watching the stands. This was kind of like that but the slow fuse on the bomb made it so much more fun.