Iginla to Pens! Wow...

Guest Polaris922

@B21

Cooke and Murray will probably be gone. Murray was brought in just for the stretch for physicality. Cooke, I'd like to see him go.

I'd resign Adam's at the same price, he's gotta love it here.

Duper's, I don't think it will take $3m to resign, he's a smart player, he's a product of the system and Sid's passes, $2.25M at most, if he wants more, sorry.

You left off Kennedy, good, I'd rather see him gone.

Iggy's having fun, he may take a big hit to have the chance to win a few cups.

NFN, I wouldn't cry if I saw Paul Martin moved. He's had a great year(well half season year) who can tell what we'll get next year. His stock is high now, move him. That would gree up $5m

Iginla would be Kennedy's replacement as far as salary but I'd have him on the 2nd line. I'm OK with moving Martin if - big if - you know you are keeping Letang. Moving him would free up $5,000,000 but then you have to account for his replacement, too. If it's one of the kids then you are looking at around $900,000 so figure a $4,000,000 net. That plus freeing up the $2,000,000 for not brining back Kennedy would likely mean you can 1) keep Letang and 2) offer Iginla a multi-year deal in the $3,000,000 per range.

My $.02 on what Iginla's mind set might be...

If they win the Cup? Why not come back for another as the odds on favorite?

If they make it to the SCF or even the Conference Finals and lose, why not come back for another try as the odds on favorite?

If they get knocked out in Round 1? See ya, Pens. Thanks for the chance.