It looks like Fleury is in playoff mode

Guest pensuck

Definately the achilles heel of the Pens. Which as we well know (both for and against)isn't a good weak spot to have.

Wow. Fans of the team that is literally the laughingstock of the NHL when it comes to goaltenders takings whacks at Fleury? Interesting. ;)

Definately the achilles heel of the Pens. Which as we well know (both for and against)isn't a good weak spot to have.

P.S. - If a SC winning netminder is our Achilles' heel then I like our chances. ;)

P.S. - If a SC winning netminder is our Achilles' heel then I like our chances. ;)

I'd like to say the same (cause our sieve of a goalie also won a cup) but I won't kid myself. As hard as Bryz tried to lose the series against the Pens last year, Fleury tried harder. I remember Fleury playing well in the cup run. He's pretty much been on a roller coaster ride since then.

• Like 1

I'd like to say the same (cause our sieve of a goalie also won a cup) but I won't kid myself. As hard as Bryz tried to lose the series against the Pens last year, Fleury tried harder. I remember Fleury playing well in the cup run. He's pretty much been on a roller coaster ride since then.

@pensuck

Last night I thought Fleury played okay. The team in front of him was lazy and out if sync. No less than three goals were deflections or pinballs. Fleury made some good saves and two great ones that come to mind. He's always been streaky but last night was a team loss, not his.

• Like 1

The only issue is Fleury's well documented streakiness...is that even a word? Any way, if he just plays an average game, the Pens are favorites in the East. They play a solid 5 man game in front of him, so he only needs to make a few key saves a game--generally.

If they play like they did last year vs the Flyers, that's a different story, but let's be honest, that isn't going to happen again. They stunk in front of him, and he played horribly as well.

• Like 1

If tonight was any indicator of how Fleury is going to be in the playoffs, I'll take that every night. He was stellar on the ice tonight against the Rags... deservedly receiving a "star" for the game. I think he should have had the one he did let in, but I was amazed he got some of the ones he didn't let in.

• Like 1

@B21 What happened with Chris? I hated that loser!!

Back in September he started a thread (Eagles forum) that he would take any "troll bets" about the Eagles season. Having had more than one pizzing match with the dolt, I jumped on that one. He took the Eagles to win the SB. I had the field. Not sure if he is just plain stupid or has an ego the size of New Jersey (likely both) but he took the bet. The loser had to leave the forum forever. I took "forum" to mean all of Silly.com. Of course, he went the route of "only the Eagles forum" when it came time to pay up. On top of that, he refused to leave until the SB was actually played rather than on the day the Eagles were eliminated from the playoffs. Whatever.

So now he's over in the Phillies forum pretending like he knows and cares about baseball but a quick perusal of his work over there and you'll see most of his posts are stalking those from Eagles forum who he had a beef with at one point.

The best part is...he now stalks me there because I am a Pirates fan in a Phillies forum. Of course, in about 5 years I had maybe 200 posts there....usually when a baseball topic came up like steroids, salaries, top 10 whatever lists, etc. That's his attempt to annoy and maybe, in his eyes, discredit. Keep in mind he is the same dolt who spammed an Eagles forum with politics (speaking of off topic). He acts as if he owns the Phillies forum now (sound familiar?) yet seems to forget why he's there in the first place. ;) He's already gotten the boot and has returned with a new handle.

I know this may sound childish and stupid and immature...but damn if I don't get a lot of satisfaction out of that!

Miss Silly.com now? ;)

@B21

He's stalking you? It sounds like you're stalking him after that rant. Jeez.

Rant? Puh-leez. Just laid out what happened. That's all. He was trolling up the Flyers forum over there, too...after he was banned by the powers-that-be from the Eagles forum. Part of the reason this place was started.

@B21 Always hated that turd! An ego the size of the Grand Canyon, he was one of the reasons the Eagles forum is the mess it is now. He was right in the middle of that never ending McNabb vs Kolb debate, which looks pretty damn silly right now...but those guys could not let it go. He helped destroy that forum!