Where Is Ashbee When We Need Him?

Guest Howie58

Vincent: I have been watching. There is no sympathy from this end. I am not happy with him. But on some of these goals, I suspect Bernie would have been hung out. But I agree with you that unless we see a turnaround soon, this may not go down as one of Homer's better signings.

Best,

Howie

Hey Howie- hope you're enjoying the holiday season (other than the Flyer part). While all the goals certainly weren't the stiffs fault, the way i see it is if we had Garon in net and they had Mr. Universe in the first period, we go into the intermission up 5-0 or so. Game, set and match.

Hey Howie- hope you're enjoying the holiday season (other than the Flyer part). While all the goals certainly weren't the stiffs fault, the way i see it is if we had Garon in net and they had Mr. Universe in the first period, we go into the intermission up 5-0 or so. Game, set and match.

Good to hear from you. I hope all is well. The gang seems to have migrated to this board.

I suspect another loss or two like the Boston game + last night will make for some big decisions on the part of the Flyers. I might even put Lavy's tenure on the table.

Best,

Howie

Good to hear from you. I hope all is well. The gang seems to have migrated to this board.

I suspect another loss or two like the Boston game + last night will make for some big decisions on the part of the Flyers. I might even put Lavy's tenure on the table.

Best,

Howie

Oh, I don't think Lavi's job is even remotely in danger. The team (except for the #1 goalie) is playing consistently well. The young guys have been excellent (Couturier, Read), he's getting a great effort from Jagr. The team has continued to play well despite injuries to key players. Overall this is the best I've seen the Flyers look since Laviolette took over. Nobody can blame Lavi for Bryz's poor play.

Oh, I don't think Lavi's job is even remotely in danger. The team (except for the #1 goalie) is playing consistently well. The young guys have been excellent (Couturier, Read), he's getting a great effort from Jagr. The team has continued to play well despite injuries to key players. Overall this is the best I've seen the Flyers look since Laviolette took over. Nobody can blame Lavi for Bryz's poor play.

Greetings: I agree. I think the question may be scapegoating. I like the youngsters. But I wonder if the D is what is was supposed to be, and if the Bryz doesn't turn around, will Homer take responsibility? Best, Howie

Greetings: I agree. I think the question may be scapegoating. I like the youngsters. But I wonder if the D is what is was supposed to be, and if the Bryz doesn't turn around, will Homer take responsibility? Best, Howie

Well, Snider is the one who was primarily responsible for Bryzgalov and nobody is going to fire him, so I don't see any changes at the coaching or front office level this year. I think if Bryz doesn't come around soon they will give Bob a shot at being #1, and then somebody is going to have to figure out what to do with that albatross of a contract.

Well, Snider is the one who was primarily responsible for Bryzgalov and nobody is going to fire him, so I don't see any changes at the coaching or front office level this year. I think if Bryz doesn't come around soon they will give Bob a shot at being #1, and then somebody is going to have to figure out what to do with that albatross of a contract.

Jack: Agreed on the Snider angle. But I still wonder if this D is as good as the pundits in places like Sporting News and ESPN said it was before the season? With or without Bob? A few more lopsided losses and this will wake up the management.

Best,

Howie

But I still wonder if this D is as good as the pundits in places like Sporting News and ESPN said it was before the season?

No they are not, just as much as our offense isn't as lacking as those same pundits were predicting this strong defense would compensate for.

Jack: Agreed on the Snider angle. But I still wonder if this D is as good as the pundits in places like Sporting News and ESPN said it was before the season? With or without Bob? A few more lopsided losses and this will wake up the management.

Best,

Howie

I don't think it is as good as it has been made out to be, even with Pronger. Part of that may be Lavi's responsibility, I get the feeling that coaching defensive zone coverage is not his strong suit. Part of it is due to personel, they don't really have a physical defenseman. I think that if Bourdon really can cut it he will help significantly, he brings some things that are lacking- a good shot and a physical style. But otherwise it is kind of a soft defense.

Bryz looked bad on goal 1 but he looked hung out and the next two. There is no joy in Mudville.

Best,

Howie

I would not agree with you about the first goal. Shenn did touch a puck and score a goal. I'm not sure what did you watch?

I would not agree with you about the first goal. Shenn did touch a puck and score a goal. I'm not sure what did you watch?

I am not going to say the deflection made it impossible to stop. Yes, tough. But I think it was stoppable. I thought that Bryz was only part of the problem...rest of team was not very responsible.

Howie

I don't think it is as good as it has been made out to be, even with Pronger. Part of that may be Lavi's responsibility, I get the feeling that coaching defensive zone coverage is not his strong suit. Part of it is due to personel, they don't really have a physical defenseman. I think that if Bourdon really can cut it he will help significantly, he brings some things that are lacking- a good shot and a physical style. But otherwise it is kind of a soft defense.

Jack, this is a team that is strange to me as a long-time fan. It is fun to watch but doesn't seem to hit well or take faceoffs competently. Defensive responsibility is not there right now. I can't say if that is talent, coaching, or scoring.

Best,

Howie

Wouldn't it be nice if our goalie, who's being paid TEN MILLION DOLLARS could stop a single puck that was deflected? Cause so far this year, every single deflection has gone past him. We could have put a garden gnome in net and had no worse an effect.