No Discipline for Lavi or Ott

Guest AlaskaFlyerFan

The league asked them to kiss and make up.

"The league investigated the incident and spoke to both parties involved but in the end asked that Ott and Laviolette speak to each other over the phone to hash it out, a source told ESPN.com."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nhl/story/_/id/7392735/dallas-stars-steve-ott-philadelphia-flyers-peter-laviolette-face-discipline

The league asked them to kiss and make up.

"The league investigated the incident and spoke to both parties involved but in the end asked that Ott and Laviolette speak to each other over the phone to hash it out, a source told ESPN.com."

http://espn.go.com/d...face-discipline

I heard about that in the pre-game, oh yeah I'm sure that happened but in the event it did... I wonder how it went down. Did they make it quick to say they actually did it. Did they even try to plead a case or was it a few minute, profanity laced phone call? would've been an interesting call to eve's drop... 24/7, got your name written all over it

Ott needed to be disciplined. You don't throw elbows at opposing team coaches, you don't bar them from walking down the hall, you don't be a total tool to your elders.

Letting Ott skate on this sets up a BAD precedent for future players, letting them know it is OK to disrespect your "betters."