Can Weber be Traded?

@activestick

He can be traded after this season, but the probability is low since a very large sum was paid this season. Bonus $$ and salary, I believe is in the neighborhood of 28mm.

In any case, I kicked it around (Weber) in another thread, but I think he'll cost much more than he would have prior to the offer sheet. I would imagine several picks, and L.Schenn and Couturier. Similar to the Pronger trade IMO.

Under league rules, is he eligible to be traded after this season?

Maybe we can have a junk sale....here we go my pitch...Bryz, Danny B. and Mezz(16.1mill cap space) for Weber....yes i know two of those guys have NTC/NMC but it gives Nash 3 guys for one...this is where Homer can make the pitch...

...."hey guys we have no choice but to buy you guys out due to cap restraints....unless you waive the clauses and ok the trade to Nashville where ya'll can play for another season(auditon) and then afterwards they would have to make the decision of weather they should keep you guys on or buy you guys out...but it is our only two choices so what do you think???"

The only way i would consider the trade...

Maybe we can have a junk sale....here we go my pitch...Bryz, Danny B. and Mezz(16.1mill cap space) for Weber....yes i know two of those guys have NTC/NMC but it gives Nash 3 guys for one...this is where Homer can make the pitch...

Poile would laugh and hang up the phone.

• Like 3

July 24th

Not sure they trade someone they paid $27 million over 12 months, but then again, if someone gives them a king's ransom, who knows.

I would think the right combination of pick/s, player/s and CASH would get it done. Cash deals are allowed if I remeber correctly.

@merrex

That's a lot to give up to move up a couple of spots. I'd rather just win the lottery or have Nurse, Couturier and Coburn thanks. I can show you highlight videos that make Coburn look good.

@Flyercanuck

It would a lot to give up, but I think Jones would be worth it. Any of Coburn's highlight videos you find are collecting dust. He hasn't been the same since getting that puck in the face. If I'm Homer I'd rather keep Coburn and ship Mez, but Jones isn't going to come cheap.

Edited by merrex

@brelic

Agree. Mad Coburn is good Coburn.

YES. Remember that Bs series where pre-game Coburn has a homicidal facial expression taping up his stick in the hallway?

I can't explain it, but maybe someone should just slap the **** out of him just before he comes out of the tunnel. Or say his wife sucks p u ssy.

Edited by doom88

YES. Remember that Bs series where pre-game Coburn has a homicidal facial expression taping up his stick in the hallway?

I can't explain it, but maybe someone should just slap the **** out of him just before he comes out of the tunnel. Or say his wife sucks p u ssy.

Was that the same series where he was talking to his hands/gloves on the bench?