If Florida finishes with first pick overall....

Guest Jmdodgesrt4

Do they take jones or do they select a forward or trade down a little? They are deep on the blue line. There needs are at forward.

I suggest they trade the pick to philly. Swap 1st rounders and we give them a player

• Like 3

Do they take jones or do they select a forward or trade down a little? They are deep on the blue line. There needs are at forward.

I think they sell the pick to the highest bidder. If the Flyers want Jones, they will have to part with a lot, probably something like their 1st, 2nd, and one of the young guns (Cousins, Couturier, or Laughton). If they think they can get Nurse, may want to settle for him, or at worst make a smaller trade up to 4-5 to get him.

@Jmdodgesrt4 They did go Gunbrandson #3 in 2010 and Kulikov at #14 in 2009, so they might lead towards forwards. Despite having Howsen and Bugstad in the pipeline to help out Huberdeau, this teams secondary scoring is dreadful....and I believe Nathan and Drouin will make the jump immediately, Jones is a tougher call, depending on who he goes to and what their philosophy is for kids breaking in. Some teams need the big name to sell tickets, which is a piss pour way to make the call, but I'm sure it happens if the franchise is really struggling and the kid will fill seats.

I think that given the state of the Florida franchise they really can't be choosey and have to take the best player available which is Jones. He will step right in and play next year and be able to make an immediate contribution.

I think they listen to offers from other teams but doubt they will make a move.

I agree with Dynamo, a team in that is in perpetual freefall such as Florida right now, has no choice but to take the best player. If Jones is going to be that franchise 15 year defenseman, you take him and make him the cornerstone of the franchise. Plus, you can never have enough defensemen. Flyers fans know that this year.

I think Florida picks the best player available, i think that kid is seth jones, compares favorably to larry robinson and chris pronger ? you take that kid and don't look back. unless a team is willing to give you a pile of NHL ready impact players.

I think the Flyers can pick an impact player at 8, I think Ristolienen and/or Nurse may still be available, i like the scouting reports on each of them, Jones may be out of reach but Philly could still wind up with a really nice player to anchor the defense for years and years. Nurse and Ghostbehere , depending on how they grow could be a dynamite top pair.