It's Time to "Blanket Party" Bryzgalov

Guest flyercanuck

We know this dude's play is sub-par so far. The short-term question is whether he turns it around this season? Longer-term, is this an unmitigated disaster or a one-year "blip?" Changes of venue for any worker can be tough. Only time will tell.

Best,

Howie

I believe the cap hit only remains when the player is over 35 and signed that deal after he turned 35.

The cap hit remains if the contract begins after the player turns 35. Example: Chris Pronger. He signed his contract extension when he was 34 but it didn't kick in until after he turned 35. His cap hit remains for eternity (OK, only 7 yrs.).

We know this dude's play is sub-par so far. The short-term question is whether he turns it around this season? Longer-term, is this an unmitigated disaster or a one-year "blip?" Changes of venue for any worker can be tough. Only time will tell.

Best,

Howie

Howie:

Bear is back. Hope the sun is at your back and the wine chilled.

I would say Laviolette will have patience for maybe 2 goals against Bryz (1 if soft..) in the WC.

He just needs an excuse to insert The Bob. Holmgren or no Holmren, Bryz will end up in a conditioning stint in Adarondack if he does not show on the big stage Monday that he is the #1.

BOI

Howie:

I would say Laviolette will have patience for maybe 2 goals against Bryz (1 if soft..) in the WC.

He just needs an excuse to insert The Bob. Holmgren or no Holmren, Bryz will end up in a conditioning stint in Adarondack if he does not show on the big stage Monday that he is the #1.

BOI

Welcome back BOI

@Hexy27

If he retires it should come off the cap.

there is no "retire" in the NHL. he can refuse to report and the team can then suspend him and the cap hit will come off the books...but that's it. there is no graceful "i don't want to play anymore" option mid-SPC under the current CBA.

Howie:

BOI

Good to hear from you! Wine is here...and waiting. As for a conditioning stint..that might help in terms of confidence building. The guy needs help.

Best wishes for 2012...glad to see the Old Farts here on the board.

Peace,

Howie

Good to hear from you! Wine is here...and waiting. As for a conditioning stint..that might help in terms of confidence building. The guy needs help.

Best wishes for 2012...glad to see the Old Farts here on the board.

Peace,

Howie58:

Bryz just looks detached. That is the only way i can describe it. Look at HBO Episode 3 close and you'll see what I mean.

I'm not seing this Flyer team, especially D like Colburn, really reacting well to this guy.

You don't have to go any frther than last night end of the game with the way the team met Bob.

BOI

Howie

Howie

BOI:

Your prognosis is sobering. I really hope that that Bryz turns it around.

Meanwhile, I was having some Cab at my neighborhood Chili's when you sent your message. You wouldn't think there was an economic downturn...place was packed.

I am looking forward to the Classic and the start of the New Year.

Stay well!

Howie