Where was/is Brayden Schenn?

Guest The Quigster

He had 8:48 TOI last night, evenly distributed across 3 periods, so he was there, just not very much. He was on a line with Z (8:14) and Rinaldo (5:17).

So, when you're on the 4th line, and it's your first game back from concussion, it's understandable that his TOI was limited. Once Couturier is back, I suspect Schenn will be 2nd or 3rd line center.

Lighten up on the kid, it was not a great start for him this year with the injuries he had and all the hype of best player not in NHL. Not every kid will start out great, some will take time just like Giroux, Richards and Carter. If some of you were gm, Giroux would've been on another team already. We gave up on Sharp so early I'm not ready to make another mistake. Since I have followed the Flyers, they tend to make the rookie learn to play defense first, rarely see them on a offensive line that's why we never have a rookie of the year. I am disappointed also in how his season is but what can you do? If he stinks here in the next few years then send him out but if he turns into a Richards 2.0 then it's great for us.

G came back from concussion and got 4 points in his 1st game..........

Schenn is not Giroux by a long shot. Schenn is a rookie trying to establish himself in a lineup, and he has had a bad string of injuries interrupting chemistry / limiting ice time. Giroux on the other hand is probably the best currently healthy player in the league.

on the first goal he got a well deserved minus. he lost the faceoff clean, which led to that weak point shot. plus it looked to me like he was turning to get out of the way of the shot, instead of blocking it, while possibly deflecting it, but at the very least creating a serious screen on bryz (who went down faster than yo momma). the rest of the game i noticed him a couple times, but not really for doing anything well. hes put up huge stats in the AHL but not for any more than 3 or 4 games at a time. give him 20-30 games down there once couturier is healthy and then bring him up in the spring if he looks ready after a lengthy stretch in the minors.

Right now, the biggest problem the Flyers have is finding the right line to play him on. Last night they moved Talbot to wing and played Schenn at center. With Couturier back, this seemed to work pretty damn good. The Flyers were rolling all 4 lines last night and the worst looking line on the ice was Briere's line. I think part of that was his hand injury from the other night. Schenn looked strong to me playing with Zolnierczyck and if he can stay healthy, compared to his start this year with the Flyers, I see him being a great addition . The fact of the matter is if the Flyers continue to roll 4 balanced lines like they did last night against Pitt, they will go deep this year( providing they stop playing Bryzgolov solely because of the money they paid him).

Edited by flyerrod

The Flyers were rolling all 4 lines last night and the worst looking line on the ice was Briere's line. I think part of that was his hand injury from the other night. Schenn looked strong to me playing with Zolnierczyck and if he can stay healthy, compared to his start this year with the Flyers, I see him being a great addition

ding ding ding

i liked how schenn took the body on malkenstien and out muscled him for the puck midway through the 1st and later he made a similar play on staal, whom i secretly love, i think schenn and couturier are going to fit because they are good enough to no matter where they wind up positionally, i was really pleased with the way those guys played last night.

wow, at first I thought this thread was about the TB game - where none of the Flyers after the 1st looked very good - and after Bryzgalov had given up 2 pretty ugly goals - don't tell me about Schenn "tipping it in" (Gervais' goal) because that deflection was about 1 inch; if Bryz is anything like "square" and "ready" he stops that. Well, lets it bounce off him and splays the rebound back into traffic I mean...but at least it doesn't beat him clean.

But jeez -you guys had a problem with him last night? Tough crowd..tough crowd... :)

Canoli, I think the thread was started after the TB game. But last night he looked the best I've seen him. He looked sound positionally, took the body well, and had some heads up plays. It was good to see, given his luck with injuries so far this year.

Oh okay - good. I should've read more carefully, saw the dates.

Ya I agree. I liked what I saw from him last night - and Couturier and Read too. Hell all of our rookies. I wish Zac didn't have to sit but I understand it. I hope he's in for the WC but it may be tough now Schenn is back, Harry is playing well, Read is no-brainer for a roster spot...

I am really psyched about our Flyers this year, I really am. If only...fkn brygalov...if only we hadn't made that stupid stupid move, Bob could be improving on his outstanding rookie year, leading the team now getting most of the starts and maybe, must maybe we'd have a homegrown talent in net for the next 10 years.

Ah well - I'm still psyched to see these young forwards work so well - and though this will probably make me gag when I say it, it's nice to see Jagr working out so well in the O&B. sh!t....who knew?

I prefer Rinaldo over Z as well, but if they split time, that's fine with me too. Rinaldo has more points and seems to have more edge, but I have to admit that Z has been the center of other teams' attention lately.. getting in their business, and showing some sandpaper.

They're both young and really fast, but Z plays with more discipline, and in the end, that might be why Rinaldo was sitting last night.

I am really psyched about our Flyers this year, I really am. If only...fkn brygalov...if only we hadn't made that stupid stupid move, Bob could be improving on his outstanding rookie year, leading the team now getting most of the starts and maybe, must maybe we'd have a homegrown talent in net for the next 10 years.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhmen