Home Cooking Good For NY in game 6

mojo1917

Three power plays to 0

4 penalty calls to 0

Caps really have to tighten up every little thing is getting called vs the blue shirts.

And why is Zucharello on the point first unit power play ?

I don't know, didn't see the first, but watching now and it seems to be all Rangers. Sometimes its more penalties because the other team is just constantly chasing. Did the first period have the same look?

Personally it looks like the Rags have more energy and want than the Caps. The calls have earned by the Caps and in reality they should probably have a few more. Rangers have been absolutely outplaying every aspect of the game and only have one hard worked for goal to show for it.

A goaltending duo for sure. Ovechkin missed an open net as the puck rolled off his stick. I think the Caps have played with more reckless aggression thus the Rangers have gotten some calls. I fully expect the Caps to get a couple to go their way in the third.

But 4 power plays. Gotta love the Not Honest League.

You are absolutely right....there should have been at least 4 or 5 more calls against the Capitals. The Rangers played smart hockey for a change and the Caps did not. The game was a lot closer than it should have been due to Holtby's great play in goal.

They also missed a too many men on the Caps. Funny story, Craig Laughlan (Caps color commentary, homer, moron) talks about how the Caps got away with one after the refs missed the too many men, then a minute later when the Caps get a penalty, he starts crying about how the Caps can't catch a break. I really want the Rangers to lose, but shutting up the Caps fair weather fans and studio morons can't happen soon enough.

If the Caps want to win, they need to maintain possession in the offensive zone, and pressure Lundqvist with shots on net. That will eventually generate the PPs, or rarely (against Lundqvist) an actual goal. Hell, putting the Rangers D on their heels will force them into mistakes.

No excuses, play harder. It's the playoffs.

• Like 1

Wow, how does Green crosscheck someone in the mouth drawing blood, and only get two minutes? How isn't that an automatic double minor

Wow, how does Green crosscheck someone in the mouth drawing blood, and only get two minutes? How isn't that an automatic double minor

Dorsette did try to slew foot him just prior... If i were Greene i'd have layed some hurt on Dorsette for that, but I don't know how that only got 2 minutes, I thought 4 for sure and maybe even a misconduct to boot.

My comments were based on looking at the box score prior to watching and then seeing Zucharello on the top pp and not Nash, immediately after turning the game on.

NYR deserved the win based on their effort, no question.

And why is Zucharello on the point first unit power play ?

Not to sound lik ea grammar nazi because i'm not but just for your information, it's *Zuccarello* . And Mats-Zuc is great with special teams. He is an excellent passer & freestyle puck-handler.. Shootouts are his real specialty, he's amazing at SO but those tributes do come handy on the power play.

Not to sound lik ea grammar nazi because i'm not but just for your information, it's *Zuccarello*

if you're not a grammar nazi why do this then ?

So we'll call this player Mats-Zuc, how's that.

It is apparent this Mats-Zuc has wheels, and a high hockey iq, he's always around the puck and is a skilled player no question.

IMO he doesn't really have the shot to be on the point though, it isn't heavy nor particularly accurate...is he out there because Staal is not playing ? (actually there are a lot of questions surrounding the Rangers what happened to Clowe ? is he hurt ? Staal ?) With Del Zotto and Girardi and MacDounagh it is odd to me to have a guy on the point that doesn't have a bomb for a shot. why isn't he at the half-wall where his vison and passing skills can really be better utilized ?