So is Duncan Keith a dirty player?

Guest B21

I watch a ton of Black Hawks games because I love good, skilled hockey, they play a fast paced game and can beat you every way there is.

Duncan Keith is a dirty player, not Bertuzzi dirty or Cooke dirty, but he always tries to get the last slash or hook or crosscheck in front of the net after the whistle. And when someone retaliates he gets mad and that is when he gets either a stupid penalty or a suspension. Low down cheap style from an immensely talented player who doesn't need to play like that to be a star. That said he could play for me any day of the week. I just wish he would tone the afte the whistle stuff down a bit.

And one more thing, totally off subject, sorry but PATRICK KANE NOMINATED FOR THE LADY BING!????! really? that was a joke of a nomination, kind of a consolation for the Hawks having the best record in hockey and not getting even nominated for any of the major hardware.

@B21

I can only speak for myself. I hate the Rangers every bit as much, and have for a lot longer, as I do the Pens. I could see a cross-state rival being a huge factor, but it doesn't really affect me up here in Canuckistan.

Fair enough.

Is Canuckistan near Habitangolia?

I watch a ton of Black Hawks games because I love good, skilled hockey, they play a fast paced game and can beat you every way there is.

Duncan Keith is a dirty player, not Bertuzzi dirty or Cooke dirty, but he always tries to get the last slash or hook or crosscheck in front of the net after the whistle. And when someone retaliates he gets mad and that is when he gets either a stupid penalty or a suspension. Low down cheap style from an immensely talented player who doesn't need to play like that to be a star. That said he could play for me any day of the week. I just wish he would tone the afte the whistle stuff down a bit.

And one more thing, totally off subject, sorry but PATRICK KANE NOMINATED FOR THE LADY BING!????! really? that was a joke of a nomination, kind of a consolation for the Hawks having the best record in hockey and not getting even nominated for any of the major hardware.

Thank you!

Not to bring that spoiled brat argument over here (or go even further OT) but....Patrick Kane anyone? How in God's name is Crosby worse that him???

Duncan Keith is a dirty player, not Bertuzzi dirty or Cooke dirty, but he always tries to get the last slash or hook or crosscheck in front of the net after the whistle. And when someone retaliates he gets mad and that is when he gets either a stupid penalty or a suspension.

thanks yave !

@B21

this is insight that i as a casual and mostly disinterested viewer of the Hawks just do not have. However if i were to watch like them the way yave1964 does i'm sure i would have a similar opinion of him. Amazingly he sounds a lot like Chris Kunitz ! but maybe with even less control, because now that Kunitz's is scoring he's backed off on his douchleyness.

Thank you!

Not to bring that spoiled brat argument over here (or go even further OT) but....Patrick Kane anyone? How in God's name is Crosby worse that him???

Thats a valid point B. They're spoiled brats in different ways though. Crosby acts like a petulant child who acts like he's entitled to winning. Kane is just a douchebag.

See B21, he doesn't like the Pens, but has no problem conversing with you in a civil manner. And I think you'd find that on most Flyer boards. But if Mojo went over to the Pens forum, they'd boot him off cause he's a Flyer fan. Pure, unadulterated spiteful hate!

I think the difference here is this is a HOCKEY forum, not just a Flyers or just a Pens forum. Honestly I'd expect to get canned from a Flyers forum.

• Like 1

I dunno about the past.

But, if somebody had just slashed my hand, I'd be mad enough to chase down the guy and whack him.

Just sayin.

Ya Carter's slash that precipitated the high stick seems to have been missed in the whole discussion

I think the difference here is this is a HOCKEY forum, not just a Flyers or just a Pens forum. Honestly I'd expect to get canned from a Flyers forum.

Well it was resurrected out of the ashes that was philly.com, which was a Flyers forum, as you well know. It's morphed into a hockey forum because a lot of us Flyer fans are hockey fans on here..It IS now a hockey forum, but it certainly started as a better alternative to philly.com. I can't ever seen a Pens forum doing that, cause they won't let anyone else on there.

Edited by flyercanuck

A hand slash and a head slash are two totally different things though.

Agreed and the precipitating event doesn't justify a face chop. Just throwing it out there since, as the adage goes, it's the retaliation that always gets caught

• Like 1

Agreed and the precipitating event doesn't justify a face chop. Just throwing it out there since, as the adage goes, it's the retaliation that always gets caught

I thought nothing was called on that... Or an I remembering it incorrectly?

Well it was resurrected out of the ashes that was philly.com, which was a Flyers forum, as you well know. It's morphed into a hockey forum because a lot of us Flyer fans are hockey fans on here..It IS now a hockey forum, but it certainly started as a better alternative to philly.com. I can't ever seen a Pens forum doing that, cause they won't let anyone else on there.

You never would've found me in Philly.com. I found this place searching for hockey talk without fan preference. It's close enough. ;)

Didn't read much of the thread, but my gut feeling is Kieth is a classy player who got caught doing a few dangerous stupid things. The mistakes were super stupid and at bad times, but they don't happen with any type of regularity. He's a clean, classy player that did a few boneheaded miscues....at least that's the way I see it.