Where will LeCavalier go now?

Guest Hockey Junkie

Does anyone think he is still worth alot on the market? I wonder where he will wind up? I sure hope not a Ranger. I am sick of them buying up all the talent. Time for Pegula to put up some money. A friend of mine in Vancouver says the Canucks may want Leino. So that would open some cap room

• Like 1

He expressed interest in Detroit. That is an interesting prospect indeed. A PP scorer on a team whose biggest weakness just may be scoring on the PP. Very intriguing indeed, but only a short-term solution, obviously. Hmmm.

• Like 1

@SpikeDDS I was just posting that same thing earlier today. Seems like a perfect fit for the WIngs, Fippula leaving town, so the need for a legit 2nd line center is real. Should come at a lower cost with the boatload of money the Bolts paid him to leave town. Would not be a good fit for the Flyers due to our overload of young centers, but the WIngs, that seems like a good idea. I could see this happening.

He ends up in Detroit or St. Louis (He and Perron on the same line could be interesting regardless of who plays the other side). Montreal is a possibility but I highly doubt it. I don't think he wants that kind of spotlight.

Montreal? They could use some size up front, and the old hometown story. They'd have to get rid of someone though.

I think Montreal will end up being interested after some internal debate. I just really don't see Lecavalier going there by choice. Maybe for one season to be able to say to himself that he played for the team he grew up watching. But I just don't think he'd relish playing in that market after 15 years in a city that doesn't even know it has a team.