Devils sale

Guest nossagog

Sounds like a sale should happen before the beginning of the season:http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=429396

Big jaw dropper in this article, Devils are $230M in debt! That's a huge figure. Not sure what the average team net profit is(for a team making money), but how can you come back from this.

Sound like the deals are being set up with staying in Jersey in mind. What businessman would make that kind of deal without some kind of out clause in case they can't get the support they need.

Group led by the Sixers owner????? Buy the Devils and get your carpet bagging ass up the turnpike. I don't follow the NBA but I can't imagine a Philly team and a NY team being owned the same turd, that's just offensive....yes I said NY, the Devils are a NY franchise they tried to shove down Jersey's throat

Geography aside, what kind of a valid business would put his hard earned cash into this venture? I can think of a million less risky ventures. The only reason somebody would want the Devils is not to make money, but have the prestige associated with NHL ownership...in other words, a ego based venture.

I was giving this more thought, reports are stating that the Devils would stay in Newark, but what then about the 76'ers moving to Newark? Wouldn't it make sense for Harris to have both teams play in one facility since the sale would include operational rights to the Prudential Center.

Probably to most Flyer fans wouldn't care... it might even benefit the Flyers to have the 76'ers move. It probably means better ice as no more double header games in Philly.

Anyone know how long of a lease the 76'ers have in Philly?

• Like 1

@hf101

I don't what the Sixers' lease is, but throw enough money around and you can buy your way out of anything, so that may not really be much of an impediment. I'm pretty much ambivalent when it coms to the Sixers, but just on principle I would hate to see them relocate.

@hf101

I don't what the Sixers' lease is, but throw enough money around and you can buy your way out of anything, so that may not really be much of an impediment. I'm pretty much ambivalent when it coms to the Sixers, but just on principle I would hate to see them relocate.

I looked it up, the Sixer's lease is till 2029.