Bob in net for the Winter Classic!

Guest Flyers97

Just saw the locker room interview with Bryz. He said he'll be ready with thermos in hand sitting on the bench. I think like many, I expected Bryz to start despite his poor play of late. Bob definitely deserves the start.

First. Welcome.

Second. I think this is the right choice and the best option to get 2pts. Let's hope Henry isn't on top of his game

Per Panaccio via Twitter. Bob gets the start! He deserves it.

It wouldn't be Philly without a goalie controversy. :P

hey aziz, just in case you aren't keeping track.......this will be Bob's 12 start of the season. B)

hey aziz, just in case you aren't keeping track.......this will be Bob's 12 start of the season.

lol, noted.

honestly, all bets are off at this point. this is the highest profile game the team has all year shy of the playoffs, and if laviolette has the green light to go with bob, he has the green light to treat this like an open competition for the rest of the season. which is to say, we may very well see things switch around and bob get the bulk of the load for as long as he is able to carry it.

I just have one question... is there a rule that says that the Flyers can't have a stable situation in goal, ever? I mean, are we not allowed to do that? Even with the good ones we had, Parent's career was cut short, Lindbergh's life was cut short, Hextall didn't turn out to be the answer... can't we just have a good goalie in the nets for like ten years or something? What did we do to deserve this?

What goalie controversy? They go with the goalie playing the best and that just so happens to be the guy being paid $1.75 mil and not $10 mil. If both are playing great or both are playing like s**t, then I get the goalie controversy thing. As far as I am concerned, this is a no brainer, you go with the guy playing the best so you can get 2 points. If Bryz wants to play, then show it.

What goalie controversy? They go with the goalie playing the best and that just so happens to be the guy being paid $1.75 mil and not $10 mil. If both are playing great or both are playing like s**t, then I get the goalie controversy thing. As far as I am concerned, this is a no brainer, you go with the guy playing the best so you can get 2 points. If Bryz wants to play, then show it.

Thats true, I just saw the video clip on NHL.com and Bryz seems bothered on that hole issue, not sure that is good or bad. BUT yes Bob shold start, he got very expensive russian mentor... LOL

I feel kind of bad for him even I should not...but lets hope Flyers will eventually get goalie out of him they paid, even close to that. He can now relax, preasure is gone...from WC game time to him focus on other games...and play a lot better. A lot better....

I really hope the comments from the Coyotes back in November were not true....He seems to be guy everyone likes, but he is kind of odd man, strange man...I dont care what he is if he can be the wall for us.

I really think if he continues to play like this, he will be gone sooner than we think...

You know what, if he is what they say he is, the Yotes that is, then keep him on the bench, the players do not need their goalie throwing them under the bus when they play well and he does not. Personally I would do everything I could to keep Bob and if he continues to play better than Bryz, so be it, Bryz will get mad and want to play, waive the NTC and they can get out from under this crazy contract.

Yeah, aziz is on a bit of a cold streak.

lol, i don't know, i think my rantings of doom and gloom with the bryzgalov trade/signing last may-june kinda brings me back to even, no? maybe not in terms of #right vs #wrong, but pure scale, anyway. ;)

Edited by aziz

From watching 24/7, you get the feeling that the players have bought into what Lavi is trying to do and respond to what he has to say. If there is a riff between him and Bryz, oh well, get your **** together and you might get more playing time. Forget about what your gonna say on 24/7 or to the press and just do work. I know Bryz has a crazy long contract, but he is not going to sit behind Bob and watch him play like he did with the Ducks, so he will waive his NTC and someone will want him. They may even get some nice players in return.

From watching 24/7, you get the feeling that the players have bought into what Lavi is trying to do and respond to what he has to say. If there is a riff between him and Bryz, oh well, get your **** together and you might get more playing time. Forget about what your gonna say on 24/7 or to the press and just do work. I know Bryz has a crazy long contract, but he is not going to sit behind Bob and watch him play like he did with the Ducks, so he will waive his NTC and someone will want him. They may even get some nice players in return.

I hope you're right, but what teams would actually make an offer for him? Columbus? Colorado?

I'm not sure who and what they would give up. If we could unload him and sign Bob for $3/4 mil and get some draft picks or some good prospects, I'm cool with that. Yeah maybe, Columbus (get Carter back, I know we don't need him and he hates management, but i think he'd go anywhere at this point, maybe Umberger, they will not give up Nash), maybe Calgary (Igilna or Jay Bo). Not sure.

One of the biggest questions heading into Sunday's practice day apparently has been answered.

According to goalie Ilya Bryzgalov, he will not be starting in the Winter Classic. That means backup Sergei Bobrovsky, who turned in a strong performance in Thursday's win against Pittsburgh, will play against the Rangers on Monday afternoon.

"I have great news and even better news," Bryzgalov said. "OK, great news is I’m not playing tomorrow night and better news is we have a chance to win the game (Monday)."

Several players said after Sunday's practice that Bobrovsky is being rewarded for his consistent performance this season.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=5277

@doom88 Just read it myself, not good for team chemistry, I guess they were right about him, what a d**k, if you thought is was bad before Bryz, you better get ready unless you actually show up and play for a change.

Edited by LeafSuck16