Teams with multiple affiliations

Ilya Zhitomirskiy

It is straightforward for a team such as the San Francisco Bulls, which is only affiliated with the  San Jose Sharks, and can call up its players to the Worcester Sharks if the W-Sharks need a defenseman for instance. But how would call-ups work for a team such as the Wheeling Nailers or the Toledo Walleye that are affiliated with two teams? Would the team that drafted the player get to call him up into there own system, or is there something else? Or would the controlling teams flip a coin to see who gets to call up the Nailers goalie?  

• 4 years later...
19 minutes ago, Devin Wieser said:

Is this the same case with the Minnesota Wild? They have two affiliate teams, the Iowa Wild (AHL) and the Rapid City Rush (ECHL)

Yes, the ECHL team moves players up to the AHL for injuries, etc. 

• 3 years later...

So what was the gesture he made??? I never saw it but said it was supposedly a wrestling gesture??

Can anyone verify this...

So was this turned into a racial thing or is he lying???

I can't say i have looked at the clip and can't see anything like this.

Anyways the kid has been suspended for 30 games if not longer.

11 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I watched the clip and I didn't see anything wrong, not saying he didn't do it. I just don't see it in the clip.

Well the kid said he has done it many times to other players before but they might be white but best thing he can do is produce some type of film on him doing so it might not change it much but otherwise he is fcuked...

• Good Post 1

Looks like he was doing something similar to this pose. At the very beginning of the scrum and a couple of times as he was skating after Subban and the linesman.

His apology seems sincere to me.

I don't know anything about either person in the scrum.

muscle pose.jpg

1 minute ago, mojo1917 said:

Looks like he was doing something similar to this pose.

Yes i went back and watch it again and yes i can see this some...however not sure how that gets twisted into being racial....scratching my head....maybe someone else knows.

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes i went back and watch it again and yes i can see this some...however not sure how that gets twisted into being racial....scratching my head....maybe someone else knows.

think of a child's monkey imitation, with the hoo, hoo, hoo and curling the arms upwards like a cartoon monkey Monkey Business GIF

or this. 

As white people, I'm sure we lack sensitivity to that gesture because no one has used these gestures derisively towards us. 

5 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

think of a child's monkey imitation, with the hoo, hoo, hoo and curling the arms upwards like a cartoon monkey Monkey Business GIF

or this. 

As white people, I'm sure we lack sensitivity to that gesture because no one has used these gestures derisively towards us. 

Yeah when you point it out like that it looks ugly.

However if he did this to other white players like he claims, couldn't this be brought up some in his defense that it wasn't racial that he was just trying to get under someone's skin???

But you know how it is today perception these days is everything. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Looks like he was doing something similar to this pose. At the very beginning of the scrum and a couple of times as he was skating after Subban and the linesman.

His apology seems sincere to me.

I don't know anything about either person in the scrum.

muscle pose.jpg

Please ask for permission next time you want to use my likeness in a post.  I'll respond accordingly. :PostAward4:

• Haha 3