Scott Laughton

iban3z

He's not in Philly because he wouldn't see the ice time to let those skills develop.

Playing on the 4th line with tweedle dumb and Rinaldo will not help his game.

okay ?

moving on.

Edited by mojo1917

Just a matter of time before laughton is brought in.

The only way they can recall him is once his Junior season is over or if there is an emergency situation.

4-9 unfortuantely doesn't count as an "emergency situation" :)

He is likely better off dominating in the CHL than getting the minutes they would give him in the NHL.

@Leach27

you'd play him out of position then ?

how's that help anything ?

He's to good for the OHL, so how is that helping? He has developed as much as he will imo. But in the end The Flyers will probably keep him there, he never should have been sent down in the 1st place. But on the +'ve side I get to go watch him play (10 min from my place) for about $20.00/ticket.

I believe we the general "we-not you and I we"  were discussing Laughton's case in regards to the CHL having the rule that keeps 19 year old players in the league, and how in his case it sucks  because he'd benefit from being able to play against older guys in the A....

here is the thing about Laughton.  He's wired right , so the next challenge that presents itself to him he will seek to overcome until physically he can't (he reaches his ceiling)  i don't think having him enjoy success in the O is going to kill his development or even go to his head.

But on the +'ve side I get to go watch him play (10 min from my place) for about $20.00/ticket.

nice  :)

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

You really want whats going on in Philly to influence this guy? He's much better off developing in the Shwa than watching games from the pressbox on the Flyers.

That was one sweet goal.

Hey question for you i was just looking over the draft of 2012 and then noticed Montreal hasn't signed Dalton Thrower are they not going to sign him. they lose his right i think if he isn't signed by June 15th right.

I was wondering if you knew the scoop on this not that you keep up with Montreal and all but can't find where they have or were.....basically nothing on him. 

@OccamsRazor

I don't know why they wouldn't sign him. They do have a lot of good young defencemen, but he's one of them.. My guess is they're just waiting til the last minute and you'll see him sign over the next two weeks.

What is the scouting report on him is he worth pursuing in a trade. Flyer could of had him in 2012 but chose Stolarz a couple picks before him.

Anyways i was just wondering looking around trying to figure out what Hexy could have up his sleeve.

It's about i have till the draft hard to get real fired up about these playoffs with no dog in the race, however last nights Kings/Hawks game may have just been the best game of these playoffs wow what a back and forth game. 

Watching those two Dcorps go up and down the ice supporting the rush yet getting back as well to play defense still right there lets you know what the Flyers defense should be aiming to look like in the near future.

They have a few pieces that have game like that but most aren't up yet (Hagg, Ghost, Morin) or even in the system yet.

Also of note the mock draft i looked at yesterday had the Flyers taking Rob Fabbri with the #17. After doing more research on him even though he is skilled a little on the smallish side. So i'm not sure how happy i'd be with that.

It was bleacher though so there is that, so not a lot of stock in it.

@OccamsRazor

Montreal has a pretty good track record of drafting defencemen going all the way back to their golden years. Heck in the last decade they've drafted Subban, McDonough, Tinordi, Beaulieu, Weber, Emelin and Thrower. He looks like a good prospect, but then so does Gotsbeer, Morin and Hagg.

Fabbri is highly skilled and plays with a ton of heart. He's on the small side but that's the only knock on him there is. That was the knock on Giroux for what it's worth. I'd have zero problem taking him, but he's not my first choice. Of course we'll have to wait and see who goes before we pick.

@

flyercanuck

Wow how about this from Bill this morning:

The latest installment of the Flyers prospect series that Randy Miller is doing for NJ.com looks at2013 third-round prospect Tyrell Goulbourne. The most noteworthy part of the piece is the fact that the Flyers are currently offering Goulbourne an AHL contract for the 2014-15 season, rather than a two-way NHL entry level contract. 

Goulbourne's agent has told the player not to accept an AHL-only deal. Instead, the player hopes to impress at the Flyers development camp in July and especially during training camp in September and convince the organization that he is ready now for an entry-level NHL contract. The player also made clear, however, that his goal for next season is to play for the Phantoms in the AHL. The 20-year-old is keeping open the option of returning to the WHL's Kelowna Rockets for an overage season. 

Makes the passing on Bjorkstrand even more crazy....a t least to me.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Meltzers-Musings-No-Quick-Fixes-Goulbourne-and-More/45/60311

I mean i understand the strategy. But it just makes the selection of him even more mind boggling to me.

In terms of negotiation strategy, I think the Flyers are taking a smart course. Goulbourne may or may not be ready for the AHL next season but he is almost certainly not a candidate to be in the NHL mix in 2014-15. Putting him on an AHL deal would not require an immediate three-year commitment to the young player (or tie up a spot on the reserve list) but would also give him the opportunity to prove himself ready and worthy of an NHL contract. 

Ultimately, I think Goulbourne will go along with what the Flyers want him to do. If they think he's ready for a regular spot in the AHL, he will play for the Phantoms (even if he has to sign an AHL deal and work for an entry-level NHL contract). If they think he'd do better with more ice time as a WHL overager, he will go back to Kelowna. The Flyers would hold his rights until next June, whereupon he could become a free agent if he does not sign an entry-level NHL deal.

Edited by OccamsRazor

@OccamsRazor

Russians scare me (not in a good way) but I haven't heard anything bad about Barbashev. The fact he came over to play in the Q tells me he wants to be an NHLer. I'd love to get either a LWer or a Dman so either of them seems like a good pick.

Just mentioned in the shoutbox I'm liking the stance hex is taking with Ghoul. It's not Ghouls fault Homer took him too early, but hextalls making him earn an NHL contract. Sounds fair, instead of saying here's your money, now earn it.

Just mentioned in the shoutbox I'm liking the stance hex is taking with Ghoul. It's not Ghouls fault Homer took him too early, but hextalls making him earn an NHL contract. Sounds fair, instead of saying here's your money, now earn it.

Meltzer wrote a really good article about Ghoulborne today . 

here's the link 

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=45#.UZOrsSteup0

not exactly blowing sunshine up Flyerland's ass but it does help explain the thinking a little bit.

Yes without a doubt Hexy is taking Lemons and making lemonade......have to applaud him for that. He is trying his best to break out the handcuffs Homer left him in. 

@OccamsRazor

I don't know why they wouldn't sign him. They do have a lot of good young defencemen, but he's one of them.. My guess is they're just waiting til the last minute and you'll see him sign over the next two weeks.

Well here is my answer.......

MONTREAL CANADIENS: Signed defenseman Dalton Thrower to a three-year contract.

Edited by OccamsRazor

@OccamsRazor

And I thought we were friends.... :blink:

I kid i kid.........but seriously what he paying you????

A word on the street is you devised the "E" numbering system!!!!!!!!!!!

.......i'm just kidding!!!!!!!!!

No really that is a great rating system good job....i swear i want tell anyone else!!!!!!!!!!!  :rolleyes:

Laugh for today!!!!!!!!