We have your number, Patrick Roy!

bunnyman

lol. I don't think Paddy can hear you Bunny, with his Stanley Cup rings stuck in his ears. (I don't know if you remember the quote, Roenick was talking trash to Roy once and Roy came back with a quote like that about Roenick having no rings.

Your right though, I think the Blues are in the upper tier of the NHL right now. Hitchcock has everyone playing their role and has high expectations, you earn your minutes and they play tight checking hockey. This year they have found some offense (STEEN?!? WTH is that??) and they are right there with the top teams. I think the Avalanche are due to slip back a bit to reality.

@yave1964

I think Roy is a jerk. He's also a personality the NHL can use.

As a Wings fan, NOBODY on here has enjoyed hating Patrick Freaking Roy as much as me, not even by half. I hated his curled lip, smart mouth, second behind Claude Freaking Lemieux and barely more than I hated Mike Keane. Greatest rivalry in my lifetime, we started preparing weeks ahead of time for the game. It was a decade long war.

Paddy Roy tho has my respect as one of the ultimate warriors, when he knocked the glass over in the opener onto Bruce Boudreau I thought then, yep this team is going to have his cocky attitude. I didn't think that they would be as good as they are, I still don't respect their defense at all, a bunch of slow moving slugs but I love their forwards. Roy has helped the team get an identity for the first time in years. Still hate him but glad he is back in the game.

@flyercanuck

I agree with you on both accounts; however-

@yave1964

You nailed it. I was about to go nuts when I heard that my Blues had a chance to get Roy. You had better believe that ANYONE would have loved to have him on their team. I wrote Ron Caron many hate letters when he didn't land Roy. Of course I also was trying to get him to trade Hull for Tie Domi straight up.