FLYERS-HAWKS TOMORROW NIGHT!

Chicago Hawkie

This is going to be a big one!   :D   There's a bit of history, with the 2010 Cup finals, and of course all of the Flyer fans on these boards ... ;) .

I have a hunch this will be a close game, since it is the second of back-to-back games.

The Cup fianls history between these two teams will be the "game within a game" here.  This is being featured on NBC Sports Network's NHL Rivals show and the Wednesday Night Rivalry game.

This is going to be a big one!   :D   There's a bit of history, with the 2010 Cup finals, and of course all of the Flyer fans on these boards ... ;) .

I have a hunch this will be a close game, since it is the second of back-to-back games.

The Cup fianls history between these two teams will be the "game within a game" here.  This is being featured on NBC Sports Network's NHL Rivals show and the Wednesday Night Rivalry game.

I know there's a lot of us Flyers fans here, but such flattery is not necessary. We know that's really not true. It's ok, we can take it.

I still think it will be a close one.  IMO, it will depend on the special teams.  Also, as flyercanuck said ... "The ONLY way this game is close is if the 'Hawks look past this one.".  This is exactly what I'm hoping the Hawks don't do.  I do not want to see the Hawks beat themselves ...

Bears-Eagles ... I am looking forward to that, also, and since the time has been changed, I can stay up and watch because I am off of work this next Monday.  :)

Edited by Chicago Hawkie

Hawkie....would you believe....this s the ONLY game I can't get tonite!!  Damn you TSN2!!!!  Why wouldn;t this one be on Centre Ice for goodness' sakes?!   :( 

First Row streaming doesn't work for me either....

May just have to watch the highlights tonite.....grrrrrr  :angry: 

• Like 1

I saw NBC Sports Networks' NHL  Rivals show and while I think it was interesting, it seemed more like a regular game preview rather than a documentary of a rivalry.  The Hawks and Flyers certainly can become rivals, but I think it will take more time, given that the teams are in different conferences.

Hawks trailing 1-0 after one period

The Hawks are trailing 1-0 after one period.  It looks like both teams were testing each other out for half the period.  The Flyers have been playing well thus far.

I will watch the second period ... then I have to go to bed for work tomorrow.  -_-

WOW! SHEL-LACKED! I haven't seen the entire highlights yet...was Emery in net the whole game?  Wish I coulda seen the game. How was the chat room, Hawkie?  Boisterous? Haha....

Hey, we should do the chat room together when we play you next Friday! (Oh man, it'll be WELCOME TO THE MADHOUSE for us!  :wacko: )

• Like 1

Looks like your 'Hawks looked past the game...for one period. Two teams on entirely different levels of skill and drive.(I wonder if Toews would turn into a floater if he was captain of Philly? )

Oh and I fixed your comment...

I saw NBC Sports Networks' NHL  Rivals show and while I think it was interesting, it seemed more like a regular game preview rather than a documentary of a rivalry.  The Hawks and Flyers certainly can become rivals, but I think it will take more time, given that the teams are in different stratospheres.

• Like 1

Hawks win BIG, 7-2

I will admit once again that I did NOT see this coming!  It is unusual, at least from what I've seen, for a team to win blowouts in back-to-back games.  The last time I remember it is in the 1996-97 season in November when the Red Wings beat the Sharks 6-1 and then beat the Kings 6-0 the next night.

What's even more amazing is that seven different Hawks scored,

@goalnut3133

Hi goalnut!  :)

Emery got the yank when it was 6-2.  I'd say the chat room was crowded, but I enjoyed myself.  I actually had a difficult time logging on at first ... got an error message that said, "Something seems to be wrong.  We could not log you on." or something like that ... :lol:

"Hey, we should do the chat room together when we play you next Friday! (Oh man, it'll be WELCOME TO THE MADHOUSE for us!  :wacko: )"

YES, we should!  :D   Even better:  I am off for that weekend after having worked 2 weekends in a row, so I can stay up for the game!

• Like 1

@flyercanuck

I saw the comment fix ... :lol: .  I was not expecting the bottom to fall out for the Flyers, but when the Hawks roll out four lines, I can't tell you how to stop them.  Seven different Hawks scored in that game.  Saturday, we are playing the Leafs ... it will be interesting to see if this continues, because it is unreal.  This week is looking like we're back in the 1980s!

@Samifan

"I am just glad that the Hawks played the night before and then had to travel back from Texas before the game. If not, they may have put up double digits last night!"

That would have been something ... the only double-digit goals game for a team that I remember involving the Hawks was back in 1998 and the Hawks were on the loosing side of it, 10-3 to the Maple Leafs.

@goalnut3133

Hi goalnut!  :)

Emery got the yank when it was 6-2.  I'd say the chat room was crowded, but I enjoyed myself.  I actually had a difficult time logging on at first ... got an error message that said, "Something seems to be wrong.  We could not log you on." or something like that ... :lol:

"Hey, we should do the chat room together when we play you next Friday! (Oh man, it'll be WELCOME TO THE MADHOUSE for us!  :wacko: )"

YES, we should!  :D   Even better:  I am off for that weekend after having worked 2 weekends in a row, so I can stay up for the game!

Wow, they kept Emery in for 6 goals? I'm surprised. Glad you enjoyed the chat room! Yah I've seen a few others in the past also have the same prob logging on, just try again or you can also send either a PM to hf101 or digityman, or just put a message in the 'shout box' & you'll get a response from them.

Awesome that you'll be able to do the chat next Fri & watch the whole game!  Should be good fun haha!  :P