Hawks-Leafs tomorrow night!

Chicago Hawkie

This should be a very interesting game!  :)

The leafs are playing tonight against the Blues, so maybe they will be tired in their game against the Blackhawks.  Joffrey Lupul (I am not sure I spelled his first name correctly) will be back from injury for tonight's game, and he is someone the Leafs will need vs. the Hawks.

Nazem Kadri, who scored against the Hawks when the two  teams last met in October, will be another interesting player to watch.  I read that he has a nasty edge to him, as evidenced by a game vs, the Wild last month (see "Suspension looming for Kadri" thread for more details on that) and by 41 PIM thus far this season.  What will happen with Kadri?  Will he run around like a maniac a la Antoine Roussel?   :lol:   Maybe he will end up in the penalty box for more minutes then his ice time minutes and the Hawks can show him how bad he is?  :lol:

This should be a very interesting game!  :)

The leafs are playing tonight against the Blues, so maybe they will be tired in their game against the Blackhawks.  Joffrey Lupul (I am not sure I spelled his first name correctly) will be back from injury for tonight's game, and he is someone the Leafs will need vs. the Hawks.

Nazem Kadri, who scored against the Hawks when the two  teams last met in October, will be another interesting player to watch.  I read that he has a nasty edge to him, as evidenced by a game vs, the Wild last month (see "Suspension looming for Kadri" thread for more details on that) and by 41 PIM thus far this season.  What will happen with Kadri?  Will he run around like a maniac a la Antoine Roussel?   :lol:   Maybe he will end up in the penalty box for more minutes then his ice time minutes and the Hawks can show him how bad he is?  :lol:

I think the Hawks keep rolling on this one. Leaf fans thought their team was overloaded with defence when the season started....well maybe they are but they're not very good. Add to that forwards who refuse to backcheck and it's no wonder they regularly allow 40-50 shots a game. Both their goalies have saved their bacon this year. Our goalies have done the same but most of us have no illusions as to what our team is....mediocre.

And yes you spelled Joffrey correct. I thought he was European when he first came into the league. I would imagine the poor bastard took some abuse growing up Joffrey Lupul. He's become a pretty damn good player, though injury prone.

• Like 1

Leafs just went ahead 2-1 in the beginning of the second period

D'OH!  The Leafs just went ahead.  Thus far, special teams are having an impact.  The Leafs scored on the power play to go up 1-0 in the first, but the Hawks tied it at the time during a 5-on-3 power play.

Overall, though ... the Hawks have taken too many penalties in this one so far.  We're going to have to stay out of the box if we want to win this game.

@flyercanuck

Hi flyercanuck!

Speaking of Lupul ... he had a hand in the Leafs' first goal tonight.  I hope the Hawks don't beat themselves by taking needless penalties.  The Leafs lead the league on the power play at home.  I think this game would go differently if the Hawks can stay out of the box from now on.

To be honest, I didn't see this coming!  Couldn't see the whole game, but WOW.  Some upsets tonite, esp for Pick'em huh?  I would not have guessed what happ'd with Nucks tonite either vs Bruins!   :o

Hi goalnut!

I didn't see it coming, either.  After a long day at work, it was unfortunate for the Hawks to fall like that.  As for upsets ... that's very true, and congratulations to your Canucks!  As for NHL Pick'em, I'll just say that it's a good thing I'm not a gambler ... I'm not so good at those, but they're fun!

" I skipped Gremlins playing in the theater for this? " ..............  :lol:

" I hate giving them the satisfaction of chasing Rask. " .......... :lol:

Pretty funny, Marchand, but we’re not the team up 4-1 right now. " :lol:

@Chicago Hawkie

What happened...did they look past this one or did the Leafs just have one of their rare "show up as a team" moments?

I think the Hawks had one of those rare "NOT show up as a team" moments ... :huh: .  Besides that ... I think it was both:  The Hawks seemed to look past the Leafs while the Leafs had one of those "show up as a team" moments.