CANUCKS-HAWKS TOMORROW NIGHT!

Chicago Hawkie

Woo hoo!  I can't wait for this one! :D

What will happen in this game?  Will Raanta start in net again against Roberto Luongo?  How will the Hawks deal with known agitators (at least against the Hawks) Alex Burrows and Kevin Bieksa?  Will Patrick Kane keep up his mad scoring streak?  How will Brian Bickell do now that he is back from injury?

Perhaps the most important question of all is ... will goalnut's signature get another makeover??  :lol:

My brother is coming into town tomorrow to visit me for Christmas ... I hope that he will not cheer for the Canucks just to mock me ... :rolleyes::lol:

"Hi goalnut!  

Are you on for another game bet?   ;)   I will try to get into the chat room before the game and between periods also.  My brother is coming to town to visit me tomorrow, but I think he can keep himself busy on the other computer while I am on this one, and while I am watching the game if he doesn't want to watch the game with me.  I just hope he doesn't decide to cheer against the Hawks in this game just to mock me ... if he does and the Hawks lose, I'll just say it's his fault ...  :lol:

The Hawks have been doing great lately except for that game in Toronto, but your Canucks almost beat the Hawks in that last game ,,,"

Yah that was a close score our last game with you (I looked it up)...I can't remember the details of that game though (short-term memory probs). Yah, I'll definitely try to be in the chat room before the game starts...it will be nice to 'meet you' finally...haha!  :P

What will happen in this game?  Will Raanta start in net again against Roberto Luongo?  How will the Hawks deal with known agitators (at least against the Hawks) Alex Burrows and Kevin Bieksa?  Will Patrick Kane keep up his mad scoring streak?  How will Brian Bickell do now that he is back from injury?

Perhaps the most important question of all is ... will goalnut's signature get another makeover?? 

It would be cool if Raanta gets to play tomorrow!  There's a rumour that Eddie Lack may be starting tomorrow nite for us, instead of Lu. Lu let in 4 goals on 19 shots vs Dallas tonite, then was replaced by Lack who did well the rest of the game. From how Lu played tonite, I wouldn't mind Lack getting the start tomorrow. Burrows is still on the injured list but Bieksa will be flying around the Hawks faces no doubt.  Knowing us, I'm sure Kaner will continue his hot streak!  Oh, great...Bickell!  The human wall.... :o . Just what we need!  lol

Yes, we are on for the siggy bet again!  but of course, you KNOW who's gonna win!!   :rolleyes:  Charbroiled Nucks, anyone??

Edited by goalnut3133

Wow, unbelievable! Quite a few surprises: 1) Kassian actually scored!  :o   2) We shut down the Hawks' PP! (ending their 11?- game PP goal streak!) :o ....this was 1 of the most exciting things to watch tonite...the 'strength against strength'....Hawks' 3rd in PP vs Nucks' 1st in PK!   and 3) WE ACTUALLY WON IN THE SHOOTOUT?!!  :o   (So miracles do happen!)

Good game Hawkie!!  Next game against you, at home for us, Jan 29th!

• Like 1

Well, at least the Hawks got a point, but ...

They still got a lump of coal in their stockings a few days early because they could not score on Eddie Lack.  :unsure:

Eddie Lack lacked nothing in this game against the Hawks ... maybe he is competing wuth Josh Harding for the most miniscule GAA? ;)

• Like 1

Yah, I woulda almost bet money on this one that we woulda lost! Plus it was our 2nd nite of back-to-back games after a tough one vs Stars, we were looking pretty slow & tired in the 1st period against you. And after 2-0, I thought, OK here comes the slaughter!! Then by some Christmas miracle, we got our 2nd wind & found our legs in the 2nd per. It's weird, we can't beat teams like the Wild & the Stars (not that they're bad teams), but we slaughter the likes of the Bruins & win the best team in the league, the Hawks?? Talk about schizoid...lol. 

Yah, I was super happy for Lack that he got the start (shows trust from Torts) & that he played so well & didn't fold under the pressure from the Hawks, it was really his 1st 'big' game against a monster team. He's a really good guy that deserves it. One of my fave players on our team. I don't know if you're aware, but he had some obstacles to overcome recently too, he had major hip surgery during last spring or so, & the fans were really unsure if he'd recover/rehab in time to be a decent back-up for Lu when the season started...whew, it was touch & go there for a bit for us fans! (Esp when we didn't know if Lu was gonna stay with us or what? All that drama!) So all the more, it's a very sweet success story.  :)

So are you gonna get razzed by your boss etc on Monday? lol.  (Remember the duct tape trick!)  ;) 

• Like 1

@goalnut3133

I was a bit surprised that the Hawks could not keep the lead, but Eddie Lack stood on his head in this one and the Canucks have played the Hawks very close this season.  I did not know about how Lack came to the Canucks, but I am happy for him after what it took for him to get there ... :)

Yes, I think my Boss boss will be giving it to me, but he already started with that last week by telling me the Canucks have "already planned their Stanley Cup Championship parade route" ... :lol: .  My other coworkers will probably complain (loudly) about the outcome ... but that's okay this time since I had seen the entire game. :D

• Like 1

Haha, who does he think the Nucks are, the Leafs? Lol!  Yah, I was also most surprised that the top shooters for the Hawks couldn't capitalize on the shoot out!  (& I still have no clue why on earth Torts would continue to put the Sedins in the shootout?! That just ain't gonna happen!)  :unsure:

So big bad Byfuglien of the Jets made a dirty fly-by on Lu tonite, dragging his right leg out sideways, & Lu seemed to have injured his groin (again!) & left the ice. So Lack played most of the game & did very well again. Who knows now how long Lu will be out. Can't believe they allowed goaltender contact like that without penalty or the League looking at it. It was so obvious.  :angry: