The All-Encompassing World Junior Hockey Championship Thread

flyercanuck

I don't think the Swiss "got screwed". Their goalie was already out of the crease, he was at the side of the net, when he covered the puck and Lazar dug it out. The whistle hadn't gone so i saw nothing wrong. At the other end it was a quick whistle. But it's not like they scored on the play, and the ref apologized right away.

And the Swiss got lucky on their lone goal, which was a borderline high stick with a second left in the period. That call could easily have went either way.

Oh, and welcome to the "other side of the Pens" world. You walked into that one. :P

If you call colliding with the goaltender "digging it out" then I can see why you feel that way, but I strongly disagree. Should've been whistled down right away as it was clearly under him till he was hit and pushed further away from the net.

The Swiss goalie immediately jumped up and protested. And I agree with him.

After all... This isn't Flyers hockey of goalie fights and cheap shots. ;)

The Canadian goalie immediately jumped up and protested the Swiss goal.

Both goals were allowed.... Definately wasn't a Pens game.

(Hey congrats on getting your wish..Pens defenceman on the Olympic team....bet you didn't think Martin & Orpik though)

I'm kind of surprised there hasn't been any discussion as to how the US/Russia game ended...Buchnevich or whatever his name was taunting the US players, Hartmann sticking him in the face, the 40ish year old Russian coach/trainer making rude gestures to teenagers?

None of it belongs in hockey. Not the first time we've seen the Russians overreact to a win. Plus they're teenagers. Not the first time we've seen  a US player stick the opposition in the face after a goal. But he's a teenager. WTF was the Russian grown man on the bench thinking?

I only caught the 3rd period of Sweden/Russia, the second half of that period was some great hockey. I don't know what that Swedish kid was thinking when he came off the bench and went after the Russian player though, I would think he's bound to get suspended for that.

Congrats to the Finns for getting through to the final vs Sweden. And good luck to them.

They played a near perfect game and Canada played like total crap so the better team won. Canada never looked like a gold-medal contender in this tournament to me and I am not at all surprsised.

Congrats to the Finns for getting through to the final vs Sweden. And good luck to them.

They played a near perfect game and Canada played like total crap so the better team won. Canada never looked like a gold-medal contender in this tournament to me and I am not at all surprsised.

Ya that's about it as far as I saw it. If you can't find inspiration in that save Fucale made there's no hope. 

Dumba actually played in the NHL this season?????

I think Canada played its best game of the tourney against the US.    This is the second year in a row that Canada went home without a medal.... Something that hasn't happened in 32 years.

All medalists will be from group B this year.  The US and Canada to be in the same group next year.  If Sweden wins the gold it will be Sweden, Canada and USA in the same group.

Is playing on the bigger ice surface regularly the difference?

@hf101  I had 3 12 hour shifts back to back to back, and somehow forgot to tape the Finland vs Canada game...don't know anything about the game, didn't even see highlights....I believe everyone here, but hard to imagine Canada getting outworked by the Fins like that...wow. Without having seen a damn thing, I'd say Canada needs to focus more on skill and leave guys like Rychel at home. This tourny is always called close to the vest, but even more so when it's overseas like this year....if the checkers/grit guys are on the team, they better at least be able to fly.