Santa Please....Bring Hartnell a new jersey...

CoachX

....to any other team. I know what will follow, "blah..blah..blah he does the little things". I don't agree and I just don't see it. The only thing I see that he does productive, is less of the the stupid things he used to do more of. I know his contract makes him essentially unmoveable, and that I why I am pleading with a fictional character to get this guy off the team.

I just can't stand to watch him any longer.

Oh, Merry Christmas to you all

I used to be a Hartnell supporter but that big year a few years ago was an abberation.    I think he *is* a character guy but so was Jody Shelley... his contract is bad and therefore the business decision would be to try and move him - no matter what you get back.  A handshake, a bag of pucks, whatever!   I am on board CoachX...

Now we just need to find the idiot to take him and get Hartsy to waive that NMC

....to any other team. I know what will follow, "blah..blah..blah he does the little things". I don't agree and I just don't see it. The only thing I see that he does productive, is less of the the stupid things he used to do more of. I know his contract makes him essentially unmoveable, and that I why I am pleading with a fictional character to get this guy off the team.

I only saw the title and I said yeah one with a different LOGO>> You are right on.

I like Hartnell, I also don't see where he fits on this team with the style the coach wants to play.  I like all the good things he brings to a team, but his contract isn't suitable for the minutes and position he'll wind up once everyone gets healthy.

It is kind of sad really.  I like the guy I think he's a good egg,  to me though the team needs speed and skill and can learn "character" .

I like Hartnell, I also don't see where he fits on this team with the style the coach wants to play.  I like all the good things he brings to a team, but his contract isn't suitable for the minutes and position he'll wind up once everyone gets healthy.

It is kind of sad really.  I like the guy I think he's a good egg,  to me though the team needs speed and skill and can learn "character" .

agree mojo... I think it is more that he is losing a spot on this team and I dont see a spot for him in the top 3 lines.   it is sad in a way but something is going to have to give. 

@mojo1917

what good things?

he rarely scores. he can't pass. he can't skate. he fights occasionally, but usually loses. he doesn't hit anybody. he couldn't guard a bar stool and he takes dumb penalties.

the best thing he has done is give motivation for a really cool drinking game that gaurantees you will be **** faced halfway through the first period

agree and same too you!

@mojo1917

what good things?

he rarely scores. he can't pass. he can't skate. he fights occasionally, but usually loses. he doesn't hit anybody. he couldn't guard a bar stool and he takes dumb penalties.

the best thing he has done is give motivation for a really cool drinking game that gaurantees you will be **** faced halfway through the first period

He is "good in the room", "hard to play against", he's the type of player you need to keep the team on an even keel.He's big, He goes to the net , he does hit and is a good guy to have around in a playoff series.

That said, I think he may have found a home with Schenn and Simmonds... They look pretty decent, lots of sand paper with that group , once Downie comes back. I just don't see him displacing either Schenn or Simmer when VLC moves back to centering that line.

I won't argue that his production has fallen off , or that some nights he looks like a square peg in a round hole. I blame Clarke.

I agree with Iban3z  line of thinking. Great character player but he is going to be relegated to the 4th line when everyone is healthy and that just will not work @4.5 mil a yr. Yet, due to his NMC it might have to. I will say his play has drastically improved since his departure from the top line. I hope he is able to keep it up. Part of his staying a Flyer might be tied to what Steve Downie does as he is UFA after this season.

Part of his staying a Flyer might be tied to what Steve Downie does as he is UFA after this season.

I'm thinking Downie signs a contract close to what Matt Read signed a modest one....but none the less a good one...Read's cap hit over the next 4 is 3.6 mill...which is a good number and where i'd start...if not trade his rights for someone/something...

here we go again.. the yearly get rid of hartnell thread. let's just face it. he's not going anywhere any time soon. granted... i agree, he's not having a great year and he's reverting to very bad habits(ie: very bad penalties)

however, he has upside and we've seen it. we could see it again... and hopefully in the playoffs. 

here we go again.. the yearly get rid of hartnell thread. let's just face it. he's not going anywhere any time soon. granted... i agree, he's not having a great year and he's reverting to very bad habits(ie: very bad penalties)

however, he has upside and we've seen it. we could see it again... and hopefully in the playoffs. 

Sean Couturier has upside.   Brayden Schenn has upside.   I don't see anymore upside in Hartnell, he's maxed out now.   Two seasons ago when he made the all star game he had a great season but that is going to be his peak as a player. 

LOL!   that right there gave me a huge laugh.  Well done!

Maybe they can just find a team he'd like to go to and Ray Sheppard his ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a buck what the phuck!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r: !

Somebody would take that right....

Archived