Downie to return Sat

hf101

Looks like we go into the road trip with a healthy core other than a maybe B. Schenn and Gus.   I'd leave Downie on a line with Couturier.  

There are a few questions then.... Does Raffle stay on a line with Giroux and Jake?  Hartnell had a solid game last with Simmonds, I think he should stay on that line, however he could move down to the fourth line with Rinaldo and Hall.

maybe lines like this?

Raffle Giroux Voracek

Vinny B. Schenn Simmonds

Downie Couturier Read

Hartnell Hall Rinaldo

There are a few questions then.... Does Raffle stay on a line with Giroux and Jake?  Hartnell had a solid game last with Simmonds, I think he should stay on that line, however he could move down to the fourth line with Rinaldo and Hall.

Wellif you can trust what Berube says Downie will start on the 4th because he's scared of messing with the current chemistry the line have now regardless of the previous chemistry Downie Coots and Read.

But depending on the results during the game the are just working him back in slowly...yet if they struggle that will be sped up and i would envision Harnell dropped to the 4th during the game....honestly he seems like the odd man out.

Paycheck shouldn't count when it comes to winning!

Looks like we go into the road trip with a healthy core other than a maybe B. Schenn and Gus.   I'd leave Downie on a line with Couturier.  

maybe lines like this?

Raffle Giroux Voracek

Vinny B. Schenn Simmonds

Downie Couturier Read

Hartnell Hall Rinaldo

That is how I see  the lines playing out....but I also see that leading to the 4th line getting close to a 10 min TOI......which should in turn energize the top 3 lines.....but that is just me.............

The high point of the season was the amazing chemistry Downie showed with Coots and Read....they should try to re-create that at all costs. I don't care if Harts is overpaid for the 4th line, he wrecks any line he is on anyways, might as well make it the 4th.

@jammer2

Maybe if Hartnell gets stuck on the 4th line he'll waive his NTC. Maybe a team like Edmonton or Buffalo trades for him and we get rid of that terrible contract. Maybe they trade us their 1st round pick in 2015 and we end up getting McDavid for Hartnell.

Hey, a guy can dream right?