Bryz is still same guy

phlfly

Bryz is a complete toolbox, so glad we finally have a technically and mentally sound goalie in Mason

yep...Bill Melzter saves me the time....

Herein lies a key difference between Steve Mason and Ilya Bryzgalov: Mason has learned the value of mental toughness during the tough times in his career. It took several years, but he matured and benefited from a change of scenery. At age 33, Bryzgalov remains overly emotional and prone to getting knocked off his game. 

After Edmonton re-took the 3-2 lead, Mason simply exchanged conciliatory stick taps with his defenseman and then got refocused immediately. Contrast that to Bryzgalov's response when Hartnell re-tied the game. After yielding the unstoppable goal, Bryzgalov flipped his stick up in the air in frustration and looked skyward. 

As well as he played during the game -- make no mistake, Bryzgalov was the main reason that the Oilers got even one point from the game -- Bryzgalov lost his composure when things didn't go his way. One got the sense that the game's final goal, whether it was scored in regulation, OT or shootout, would be scored by Philadelphia after Bryzgalov committed himself too early against a shooter. It seemed inevitable.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Meltzers-Musings-Third-Multi-Goal-Comeback-Win-of-December/45/56753

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!

Greetings:

I got the CBC feed on NHL Center Ice. The Canadian announcers were astonished at the stick toss and saw it as flakiness at best, mental fragility at worst. They did not come out and criticize it directly but said it was strange even for goalies, who are a strange bunch.

Best,

Howie

• Like 1

Shame on PJ Stock for implying the Flyers defense was the reason for Bryz's struggles....they were not stellar, but I seen him let in some of the worst goals in NHL history last year....it's comical PJ would even go there!!

@Howie58

I love the CBC's Hockey Night in Canada broadcast.  

it is every bit the rival of NBC's Sunday night NFL broadcast. which in my opinion is the best weekly live sports cast in the US.

The extra cameras and the director's willingness to take ice level camera shots for extended periods of time make the game seem so much faster and more physical.

Plus the announce crews are top notch.

That was Kelly Hrudey doing the color on that show so "it takes one to know one" was in play on that comment.

@Howie58

I love the CBC's Hockey Night in Canada broadcast.  

it is every bit the rival of NBC's Sunday night NFL broadcast. which in my opinion is the best weekly live sports cast in the US.

The extra cameras and the director's willingness to take ice level camera shots for extended periods of time make the game seem so much faster and more physical.

Plus the announce crews are top notch.

That was Kelly Hrudey doing the color on that show so "it takes one to know one" was in play on that comment.

Yes, it was "expert" opinion.  My only problem with the feed is that there are times it seems "distant" but that may have been the broadcast location from Rexall. On the other hand, it was funny--there was a very overweight Flyers fan behind the goal and on the tying score and Raffl's game winner he went nuts...it made it sweet to watch.  LGF. Howie

Bryz was here because somebody wanted him here,probably the same crew the acquired Mason. Apparently they learned something? Breakfast was on them!

Thx for that Captain Obvious... most teams sign players b/c they want them on their Team.  I forgot my quigly 46 decoder ring this morning so let me know if I am missing something here...

I think the problem with Bryz is that in addition to his fragile mental status, it is all about him.  If the goal is scored it is his fault and he focuses on bringing that attention onto himself.  He has ZERO relationship with any of his teammates and it turns out his teammates in Phoenix pegged him exactly right. 

I think the problem with Bryz is that in addition to his fragile mental status, it is all about him.  If the goal is scored it is his fault and he focuses on bringing that attention onto himself.  He has ZERO relationship with any of his teammates and it turns out his teammates in Phoenix pegged him exactly right. 

Coach Eakins has all ready pulled Bryz aside suggesting that he cool it with the tantrums. I suspect this will be his last NHL contract.