Character Win

Howie58

Absolutely right Howie, I said much the same thing in the shoutbox. Great determination and guts to get the tying goal, this team would have collapsed after the Canucks 3rd a couple of months ago. 

Mason was immense for us tonight, absolutely was the single biggest factor in us winning the game.

Absolutely right Howie, I said much the same thing in the shoutbox. Great determination and guts to get the tying goal, this team would have collapsed after the Canucks 3rd a couple of months ago. 

Mason was immense for us tonight, absolutely was the single biggest factor in us winning the game.

Mason has really shown me something.  He stole tonight's game!

The way he has rebounded after a few subpar outings says a lot about his makeup. 

We might actually have our goalie of the future....

It was a great win, if not for Mason, Canucks got this one. The Flyers were well represented at the game, I would say at least a couple thousand Flyers jerseys and hats worn by Flyers fans walking around Rogers Arena, including me. I cringed every time I saw 41 & 22 out there, they made simple clearing attempts look difficult. Voracek has to learn to pass the puck once in awhile. But even when the Canucks went up 3 - 2, I had a feeling it wasn't over. 

The turnovers amost killed the Flyers, again.  But Mason was great, not that it's a huge surprise anymore.  I cringe every time thinking where this team would be if we had still had that clown Bryz in net.

I also thought this was Timonen's best game of the season.  He made some key defensive plays to help Mason.

By the way, Luke Schenn is absolutely horrendous.  Please somebody remind me again why Homer traded JVR for him?