Biggest threat in the Met....

B21

Just past the mid point of the season and the red hot Pens have a 15 point lead over the equally red hot Flyers.

So who is the biggest threat to the Pens in the division?

Flyers? Can they keep up this pace?

Caps? Losers of 5 of 7.

Canes? Winners of 5 in a row.

Rangers?

Themselves? Can the Pens keep up this pace? They have all season but still have 2 more trips out West after the EDM/CAL double this weekend.

I think the Flyers match up well against the Pens. I would say the Caps do too. 

So for the Pens, facing the Canes or Rangers in the 1st round would be better than Flyers/Caps. Of course, the Pens will be facing a wildcard team which might not come from the Met.

But bottom line, yeah, the Pens will win the division rather easily. 

I think the Flyers match up well against the Pens. I would say the Caps do too. 

So for the Pens, facing the Canes or Rangers in the 1st round would be better than Flyers/Caps. Of course, the Pens will be facing a wildcard team which might not come from the Met.

But bottom line, yeah, the Pens will win the division rather easily. 

I think the Flyers end up gaining some ground (Caps, too).  Barring injuries, the Pens probably win the division by 8-10 points.

I agree - the Wild Cards will both come from the Adams....err Northeast....err Atlantic.

@flyerrod

MAF is doing things a bit differently this year. Avoiding media attention, seeing a shrink, focusing on his routine... It's made him better in the regular season so far... But we'll all be watching to see how he handles the playoffs!

I don't think he has been suspect during the regular season but he certainly has been carrying a playoff curse for a few seasons. If there was any goalie besides Bryz who could benefit from a shrink, Fluery would get my vote.

I don't think he has been suspect during the regular season but he certainly has been carrying a playoff curse for a few seasons. If there was any goalie besides Bryz who could benefit from a shrink, Fluery would get my vote.

I always wondered what a sports psychologist and a player talk about.

"So Marc-Andre, giving up 6 goals on 8 shots to the Flyers...how does that make you feel?"

Edited by B21
  • Like 1

I always wondered what a sports psychologist and a player talk about.

"So Marc-Andre, giving up 6 goals on 8 shots to the Flyers...how does that make you feel?"

LOL  Seriously.

"Well, doc, I have this feeling like I'm not in control.  Things are just out of my grasp."

"How does that make you feel?"

"Well, kind of like a loser.  I feel like I'm always looking behind me."

"And how do you feel about that?"

"Well, like I said, I just feel like when the chips are down, I shrink from the moment."

"Why do you feel this is?"

"How the hell should I know?  That's why I came here.  It just happens every year this time of year.  Things are going great and they all fall apart."

"And how do you feel about this?"

"I feel like this is a huge ####ing waste of time!"

"Calm down.  I'll tell you what I told the nymphomaniac in here earlier and it should help:  CLOSE YOUR DAMN LEGS!"

• Like 1