This is why Mason scares me

King Knut

Also, not a record but he ended up in like the top 5 or 6 for wins in a season

He started out okay. He broke instead of building on it.

I think it was longest continuous shutout stretch. I think it was towards the end of his first season.

Edit: Yep, longest shutout streak. Remember he was real hot that month of March:

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/17824032/ilya-bryzgalov-sets-flyers-record-for-longest-shutout-streak

But afaik, that's the only Flyers record he has.

To call Boucher a sieve is to either betray lack of knowledge or to just be a pain in the butt for its own sake.

Played a lot of great games for a lot of teams including the flyers.

@JackStraw Ahhh, that is jogging my memory. Not really impressive if you ask me. Any siv can get hot for a few games. Which ex-Flyer siv was it that broke or almost broke the NHL record for longest shut out streak....I wanna say Boucher, but not sure.

@King Knut  5 of Boucher's last 7 seasons were under .890 save percentage...and his career number was .901....he had a LOT of siv like games/moments, and the kindest I can be is he was below average goalie, very pedestrian, mediocre at best.  Yeah, he had some hot streaks, but never signed a NHL deal to be a starter, to be "the man"....I guess we remember him differently....ha ha.

He won the starting job from beezer and had it been a contract year instead d a rookie year would have signed that contract.

The He got hurt and Barber decided that cechmanek (I.e. Bryzaster part 1) happened and the wheels came off the wagon.

Stats are nice. They are some indication. But looking back, There's no doubt in my mind that I'd rather have started Boosh or even Esche over Roman and ultimately the team agreed.

Signing Hackett however... That was a good natured but terrible idea. Biron was a less terrible idea, but still a tad misguided.

Razor the first time was a pretty great move, and It was Boosh and leighton who got us to the finals. Leoghton's stats were better, but the team always seemed to play better in front of Boosh i felt. We all know what happened next.

The second razor signing I applaud as well.

Mason showed again last night that he is in a bit of a slump and needs to refocus Himself a bit.

Either way, as much as I dig razor, Steve is simply "the man" in Philly and I think both he and the team need to find ways to make that work.

@King Knut 5 of Boucher's last 7 seasons were under .890 save percentage...and his career number was .901....he had a LOT of siv like games/moments, and the kindest I can be is he was below average goalie, very pedestrian, mediocre at best. Yeah, he had some hot streaks, but never signed a NHL deal to be a starter, to be "the man"....I guess we remember him differently....ha ha.

It's not the bad game here or there that's a problem. It's the beginning of a noticeable trend.

I just think he needs to refocus a bit. Work with Reese over the break and come back fresh, focused and ready to backstop this team.

It seems like the whole team got a little cocky on that home streak and 10 point road trip. Mason has relaxed a little since the team got better. In the beginning he knew he HAD to make every stop humanly possible and a few that weren't. For a while he didn't have to. He should find a happy medium.

But the other thing is that the team got better... They ain't "good" yet. I think it's just a matter of him going back to not trusting them as much maybe ha ha. But he can be playing a tighter more focused game.

Compare Masons bad games to the amount of bad games the other 20 goalies we have had over the years have had.... Mason is the best goalie weve had since Lindbergh.... even Quick, Price, Rask and Lundquist have had bad games. Did we think Mason would be immune to a few bad games?