Help Shayne Gostisbehere win the Hobey Baker your vote needed!

OccamsRazor

Not sure how far the vote takes them because i think the coaches selected the top 10.

I may be wrong but you can help get it started by voting here once per day.

http://www.hobeybaker.com/awards/the-Hobey-baker-memorial-award/vote

i've already voted let's all chip in....

Scrollllll down - the list is alphabetical by school.

When I voted he was 1400 behind, but in a solid second place.

JVR's lil brother Trevor is on there to...i remember him being an invite to one of the Flyers camps a couple years back.

Fans votes account for 1%... which is a good thing I think.

I can't vote for someone I never see play though. How can I vote for someone I have no idea what he's doing? Although I guess it's no different than voting for politicians.

This. Don't just vote because he's a Flyer, vote if you've seen him play a game and think he actually deserves it.

How can I vote for someone I have no idea what he's doing?

(As of Jan. 8, 2014): Stood sixth in NCAA defenseman scoring (0.89 points per game) ... team leader in shots (86), fourth in scoring (16 points) ... owned five multiple-point games

those are the stats i have so far....pretty good numbers for a Dman supposedly on a not so good team.

named ECAC Hockey Player of the Week (11/19) ... scored two goals in 70 seconds in 4-1 victory at #10 Rensselaer (11/16) ... scored two power play goals (3:06 apart) to spark third period rally in 5-4 win at Penn State (12/1); also put 12 shots on goal and was named No. 3 Star of the Game ... distributed three assists vs. Bowling Green (10/12) and Dartmouth (11/1); was a +4 against the Big Green ... compiled eight points (5g, 3a) during a five-game streak (11/9-12/1) ... named to coaches’ and ECACH Media Association’s preseason all-conference teams ... assistant captain. 

Edited by OccamsRazor

Hopefully he wins because of people who've actually seen him.

the coaches selected the final 10 so they'll do the right thing may the best man win. His contract can slide one more year because of his eligibility if he returns for his senior year or he maybe ready to sign his pro deal. The outcome of the frozen four may sway him we'll see. 

Hopefully he wins because of people who've actually seen him.

Of course, there is almost zero chance that every coach with influence over the selection has gotten to see, appreciate and evaluate every player in the NCAA.

But I digress...

I fail to see the problem with link-bombing something as ridiculously stupid as an internet web poll.

@radoran  I don't have a problem voting for him because he's a Flyer. Same as fc, only seen him in the WJ'ers, but liked what I say back then. I have seen Copp play a game for Michigan and saw Gaudreau also. I'm wondering how many people in this poll have a solid grasp on who should win, based on having the top guys play multiple times, I'd venture to guess maybe 2 or 3%. So in reality, we are doing what everyone else is doing. Betcha most of these votes are coming from kids who attend these schools. Not saying the U.S. fans don't know their prospects, but the tv coverage for the NCAA is not all encompassing, you might see games from your Conference, but I doubt there is coverage U.S wide. I get games from the Big Ten conference on my sports package, and have watched 3 games...lol, I don't know if that makes me qualified to vote, but I did anyways.

@radoran  I don't have a problem voting for him because he's a Flyer. Same as fc, only seen him in the WJ'ers, but liked what I say back then. I have seen Copp play a game for Michigan and saw Gaudreau also. I'm wondering how many people in this poll have a solid grasp on who should win, based on having the top guys play multiple times, I'd venture to guess maybe 2 or 3%. So in reality, we are doing what everyone else is doing. Betcha most of these votes are coming from kids who attend these schools. Not saying the U.S. fans don't know their prospects, but the tv coverage for the NCAA is not all encompassing, you might see games from your Conference, but I doubt there is coverage U.S wide. I get games from the Big Ten conference on my sports package, and have watched 3 games...lol, I don't know if that makes me qualified to vote, but I did anyways.

If you have a pulse and an internet connection, you can vote in an online poll as often as you like. :D

Not saying the U.S. fans don't know their prospects, but the tv coverage for the NCAA is not all encompassing, you might see games from your Conference, but I doubt there is coverage U.S wide

I see Ghost scored a SH goal today verse RPI.... the same school who's head coach claimed he was the best player in college hockey...giving up a shortie i'm sure only reinforces his thought.

I see one of Ghost's competitors JVR's lil brother Trevor broke his ankle. Hate to see that.

Maybe the Flyers will sign TVR to a contract....he is a puck moving Dman....how good i'm not sure he went undrafted.