Which one of us bozos is Sam Carchidi?

King Knut

Agreed, he isn't a true first liner, but someone here likened him to Renberg. I suppose chemistry is still more of an art in hockey? It doesn't make sense, but it works.

Anything is better than Hartnell on the 1st line.  He was an anchor weighing the the 1st line down at the beginning of the season.  He has been like a lost puppy on skates since Jagr left.  I will give him credit for picking it up a little bit lately. 

Anything is better than Hartnell on the 1st line. He was an anchor weighing the the 1st line down at the beginning of the season. He has been like a lost puppy on skates since Jagr left. I will give him credit for picking it up a little bit lately.

On that note, who would have thought Simmonds and Hartnell would have chemistry?

• Like 2

On that note, who would have thought Simmonds and Hartnell would have chemistry?

They play similar games and won't get too far behind the other. I think they're pretty well suited together and their physical presence has a nice heft to it.

Whoever it is, IT'S TIME TO LET YOUR FUED WITH MIKE RICHARDS GO. You just remind us how much of a foolish jack Ass you've been over it. You're making it worse by harping on it now that he's moved on to bigger and better things.

Regarding your most recent column, which seems utterly inspired by debate on this board, I will merely reiterate:

While you're busy keeping count of winning trades, the kings are busy keeping count of winning cups.

This makes you look idiotic. Don't look idiotic Sam! Be better Than that.

Deciding who won and who lost the Richards trade is just a waste of time. Why are we even discussing it? It's a stupid debate.

Simmonds and Schenn score more?

Richards better than both defensively in their wildest dreams?

Kings: 1cup since trade

Flyer: zero cups since trade

Many reasons for this, but the long and short is that the kings ended up with 3 players we didn't want and won a cup with them. As a result, they don't give a rip what you think. They don't have to. And even if the Flyers win a cup with ahemm and simmer, the kings still won't care. The trade it them what they wanted.

If the flyers win multiple cups and Schenn and simmer win hart and art Ross trophies, them we can talk. I think the kings will still shrug and say, screw it. It worked or us. We won a cup!

I will restrain myself from saying that the kimgs actually won the trade because our return investments are still developing. BUT in the mean time You don't get to say the kings lost the trade, because they don't care about winning trades. They care about winning cups. They'll laugh in your face and you will sound pathetic.

They do not care what you think. They play in the shadow of a banner they earned, not some distant legend.

Much as it pains you to see him succeed, the only one who 'won' the trade so far is Mike Richards. He won a cup and got away from jack asses like you Sam. Win Win.

http://mobile.philly.com/sports/?wss=/philly/sports&id=240870441

Seems to me YOU can't let Richards go.

He's just writing an article evaluating a trade. That's going to happen when you trade the cornerstone of your franchise. It's probably going to happen until he retires. Live with it or get some prescription drugs.

As far as evaluating the trade itself, you have to look a little further than "Richards won a cup, we did not". He wasn't going to win a cup here boss. You have to accept the situation with him and Carter her before you can even begin to evaluate the situation. It was about more than just talent, those two simply weren't working out here. They had to go for their own benefit as much as our team's.

The headline on Philly.com was "Flyers won Rochards Trade". Not "Evaluating the Richards trade.

Carchidi was the guy who Richards "exchanged words" with and the ring leader in criticizing him in the press.

How is that representative of me not letting it go. The only thing I refuse to let go of is reality. I'm not the one writing about desperate delusions.

I have repeatedly acknowledged that there is more to the kings cup than just mike Richards (though he and carter were the significant additions year to year) BUT all I'm saying is that the fact that the kings won the cup the very year they acquired Richards and carter excuses them from the status of "losing" that trade.

If the flyers would have won a cup those years would Zhervev or oats be thought of as wasted trades or that we lost the trades?

He'll some people here still think making it to the finals is enough to suggest we didn't "lose" the Pronger deal.

I'm saying that we should all stop using win and lose. Vocabulary when it comes to those trades because it makes us all sound pathetic.

Carchidi in particular because of his history.

He just comes across sounding truly adolescent. The kind of perpetual child who's never wrong. Even when he's wrong.

I love what we got in the trades. I think they're great players. The carter deal particularly worked out well I feel an simmer often looks great and schenn is coming along along in many ways.

But Richards and carter immediately won the cup. We don't get to say we "won" the trade. The best we can say is that we're happy with what we got.

I guarantee you, if I was a kings fan, I'd be happier with the cup win and conference finals than I would be with shenn's continued development. And so would you. And so would Carchidi.

Lets just quit with the chest puffing and hyoerinflated bloviating and look at the reality.

And as far as letting it go, I'd just assume not have to talk about it anymore myself. Maybe we should all stop bringing it up if we don't like a mild dose of reality on the subject?

Seems to me YOU can't let Richards go.

He's just writing an article evaluating a trade. That's going to happen when you trade the cornerstone of your franchise. It's probably going to happen until he retires. Live with it or get some prescription drugs.

As far as evaluating the trade itself, you have to look a little further than "Richards won a cup, we did not". He wasn't going to win a cup here boss. You have to accept the situation with him and Carter her before you can even begin to evaluate the situation. It was about more than just talent, those two simply weren't working out here. They had to go for their own benefit as much as our team's.

The headline on Philly.com was "Flyers won Rochards Trade". Not "Evaluating the Richards trade.

Carchidi was the guy who Richards "exchanged words" with and the ring leader in criticizing him in the press.

How is that representative of me not letting it go. The only thing I refuse to let go of is reality. I'm not the one writing about desperate delusions.

I have repeatedly acknowledged that there is more to the kings cup than just mike Richards (though he and carter were the significant additions year to year) BUT all I'm saying is that the fact that the kings won the cup the very year they acquired Richards and carter excuses them from the status of "losing" that trade.

If the flyers would have won a cup those years would Zhervev or oats be thought of as wasted trades or that we lost the trades?

He'll some people here still think making it to the finals is enough to suggest we didn't "lose" the Pronger deal.

I'm saying that we should all stop using win and lose. Vocabulary when it comes to those trades because it makes us all sound pathetic.

Carchidi in particular because of his history.

He just comes across sounding truly adolescent. The kind of perpetual child who's never wrong. Even when he's wrong.

I love what we got in the trades. I think they're great players. The carter deal particularly worked out well I feel an simmer often looks great and schenn is coming along along in many ways.

But Richards and carter immediately won the cup. We don't get to say we "won" the trade. The best we can say is that we're happy with what we got.

I guarantee you, if I was a kings fan, I'd be happier with the cup win and conference finals than I would be with shenn's continued development. And so would you. And so would Carchidi.

Lets just quit with the chest puffing and hyoerinflated bloviating and look at the reality.

And as far as letting it go, I'd just assume not have to talk about it anymore myself. Maybe we should all stop bringing it up if we don't like a mild dose of reality on the subject?

Journalism 101: Headlines are meant to grab attention.

Carchidi or Pinnaccio? Richards "exchanged words" with Pinnaccio too. At what point is it not about poor wittle Mike Richards and does it turn into an admission that trading him was the best thing for the team? The only thing out of your mouth is "He won a cup!" without really looking at his situation here or what he walked into.

You're the one who started this thread. It's practically a duplicate of another one - which you were very active on - that was created not that long ago. If you're sick about it, stop talking about it.

I remember words with both.

Who gives a rip about poor whittle wichsrds?

I'm not the one bringing him up!

All I'm saying is that when you bring him up and suggest that trading him worked out better for the flyers, you sound delusional an bitter.

And the assertion that he "walked into" a better situauation may or may not be a fair assertion, depending on your view of Pronger and Timmo and Briere, but ultimately it's irrelevant.

The kings cannot possibly have lost the trade. They achieved the ultimate goal immediately and almost got back there the next year.

My personal belief is that its history and discussin it is fruitless, but if you're going to neon it up like Sammy did and others here have recently tried doing, you're just goin to look foolish if you contend that the flyers won and the kings lost.

Better to just leave it alone and not look like a moron.

And I'm sorry, are you new to hockey?

Is there some other victory that matters more than winning a cup?

Would you rather have some promising prospects and a lunatic goalie am Miss the playoffs? That's winning something?

Better to just leave it alone. Best case scenario is that the flyers remain competitive and that will re-achieve the status quo and then we can feel better about things.

In the mean time, all this unfounded assertion that "we won the trade" just comes across as desperation rationalization of how maybe the Lu g didn't make lemonade out if what we thought were just lemons.

It smacks of typical Philly Phan Inferiority complex.

Lets just cheer for our guys and respect the kings and carter and Richards for why they've achieved and talk about how our current team can work to get up to that level some day. It'll save us soundin like as sack blow Hards who are out of touch with reality.

Carchidi or Pinnaccio? Richards "exchanged words" with Pinnaccio too. At what point is it not about poor wittle Mike Richards and does it turn into an admission that trading him was the best thing for the team? The only thing out of your mouth is "He won a cup!" without really looking at his situation here or what he walked into.

You're the one who started this thread. It's practically a duplicate of another one - which you were very active on - that was created not that long ago. If you're sick about it, stop talking about it.

If you would have told me a while ago they would be paired together and Simmonds would go on a mighty tear and Harts would kick in pts and make the line work ....I would have scoffed, or at least be pretty skeptical.

• Like 1

Journalism 101 also dictates don't make yourself part of the story, and stick to the facts.

It looks like both teams won the trade. LA won a cup (THE best result for any trade) and we got some solid young players in return. LA did the "win now" typical Philly trade that actually resulted in them winning now. The Flyers set themselves up for the future. This will be one of the rare occasions where we'll be watching our end of the deal in their prime while their acquisition will be fading off into the sunset.

It looks like both teams won the trade. LA won a cup (THE best result for any trade) and we got some solid young players in return. LA did the "win now" typical Philly trade that actually resulted in them winning now. The Flyers set themselves up for the future. This will be one of the rare occasions where we'll be watching our end of the deal in their prime while their acquisition will be fading off into the sunset.

What team do you think they'll be playing for?

:ph34r:

In my opinion, if you had not traded those two, and instead had gotten a solid goaltender for the 2010-11 season, you'd have won your Cup by now.  Your loss that season to the Bruins was all about the carousel of goaltenders used, not a lack of cohesion or scoring up front.  Your squad was as close as you'd been in ages, they just made the wrong moves.  

• Like 2

In my opinion, if you had not traded those two, and instead had gotten a solid goaltender for the 2010-11 season, you'd have won your Cup by now. Your loss that season to the Bruins was all about the carousel of goaltenders used, not a lack of cohesion or scoring up front. Your squad was as close as you'd been in ages, they just made the wrong moves.

Not a comment on whether that is or isn't right, but it's not making me feel any better

In my opinion, if you had not traded those two, and instead had gotten a solid goaltender for the 2010-11 season, you'd have won your Cup by now.  Your loss that season to the Bruins was all about the carousel of goaltenders used, not a lack of cohesion or scoring up front.  Your squad was as close as you'd been in ages, they just made the wrong moves.  

Don't disagree. 

And if your team had a solid goalie they may well have won 3 or 4 cups. Easier said than done. 

Don't disagree. 

And if your team had a solid goalie they may well have won 3 or 4 cups. Easier said than done. 

let's try to avoid the "b-b-b-b-but The Penguins" approach here, K? :D

There's so much spilled milk, it's really hard to cry about. So many bad decisions. So many bad choices.

Gonna be a while before this gets fixed.

Don't disagree.

I'll disagree there. Fleury was our problem vs your boys two years ago. Last year Vokoun was in net and played great, our offense was the issue, not defense.

Back on topic though, I really felt you guys had what you needed in Richards and Carter those years, and they weren't the problem. Not on the ice anyway.

Past is past though...

let's try to avoid the "b-b-b-b-but The Penguins" approach here, K? :D

There's so much spilled milk, it's really hard to cry about. So many bad decisions. So many bad choices.

Gonna be a while before this gets fixed.

So we cry harder?