Morganti's Take on Flyers

Howie58

@radoran   Rad!!  Glad to see you have power!!  Really.....people are to lazy to fast forward commercials??  I would have thought even a brutally lazy individual would make the effort to avoid having commercials shoved down their throats.  I fast forward every damn one of them, I even stagger my programing so I'm never live, just to avoid them.

There are people that use the breaks to go the loo, the kitchen, etc.

There are ingrained habits of generations who didn't have VCRs much less DVRs.

There will be a shift - but you'll also see a shift in what the cable/network providers will allow - or attempt to allow.

There will be a shift - but you'll also see a shift in what the cable/network providers will allow - or attempt to allow.

Exactly.  Have you ever tried to watch a network TV show from your provider's on-demand library?  The FF feature is disabled so you are forced to watch their commercials (usually just ads for other network shows they're promoting).  Drives me crazy!

@radoran   Rad!!  Glad to see you have power!!  Really.....people are to lazy to fast forward commercials??  I would have thought even a brutally lazy individual would make the effort to avoid having commercials shoved down their throats.  I fast forward every damn one of them, I even stagger my programing so I'm never live, just to avoid them.

Or just channel surf...although sometimes you miss a good one.  There is a commerial with a man asked to hold his wife/girfriend's purse..... looks like he's picking up dog poop with a poop bag....I think it's Wiser's.  It is pretty funny.  Saw it on the game last night.

There are ingrained habits of generations who didn't have VCRs much less DVRs.

That is what the pause button is for   :D

Totally off topic, but I always wondered....in this day and age of the DVR, how do they set rates/prices for commercials these days?. Obviously a LOT less people are viewing them, just having their DVR set to eliminate commercials, or just plain ol fast forwarding through them. With this knowledge in hand, how in the holy hell do network execs set the going rate for commercials? The going rate *must* have lowered, due to millions of people not watching commercials anymore. Do they rely on people that don't have a DVR? I would imagine more and more households now have a DVR...this has always puzzled me.

No idea, but I almost always go out of my way to avoid them. I either change the channel to my secondary option (always have a back up) or start playing on my phone/tablet. I don't know how people survived in the days when you had to get up to change the channel.

No idea, but I almost always go out of my way to avoid them. I either change the channel to my secondary option (always have a back up) or start playing on my phone/tablet. I don't know how people survived in the days when you had to get up to change the channel.

It was uphill both ways in the snow to the TV set.

:ph34r:

I can vaguely remember getting up to change the channel when I was a kid and flipping around to see which shows were on.....also remember the first big bulky remotes....man, those things were heavy and did they ever suck, but it was super cool to not have to get up to switch the channel, I can remember that..

On another note, sorry to hear about your power situation....that *has* to SUCK, having a house at 46 friggin degrees!!  Hope it's up an running soon!

I can vaguely remember getting up to change the channel when I was a kid and flipping around to see which shows were on.....also remember the first big bulky remotes....man, those things were heavy and did they ever suck, but it was super cool to not have to get up to switch the channel, I can remember that..

On another note, sorry to hear about your power situation....that *has* to SUCK, having a house at 46 friggin degrees!!  Hope it's up an running soon!

I do too, but because my first TV (in my room) was one without a remote.

I didn't mind at first because we have a fireplace, which I love, but I'm starting to get sick of the smell of burning wood. I think it's ******* with my sinuses too. I feel bad for my cats. When I pet them I can feel their little bodies are actually cold. We heard anywhere between tonight at 11 to Sunday at 11 for power to be restored. Thank you btw. The good news is we still have hot water, the bad news is getting out of the shower is horrible.

I do too, but because my first TV (in my room) was one without a remote.

I didn't mind at first because we have a fireplace, which I love, but I'm starting to get sick of the smell of burning wood. I think it's ****** with my sinuses too. I feel bad for my cats. When I pet them I can feel their little bodies are actually cold. We heard anywhere between tonight at 11 to Sunday at 11 for power to be restored. Thank you btw. The good news is we still have hot water, the bad news is getting out of the shower is horrible.

I'm shivering just thinking about the shower thing. Some may find this really odd, but I live in a condo, have that crappy baseboard heating system, as a result, I've NEVER turned on the heat. I get natural heat from the other condos around me.....and the baseboard heaters are so far away from where I sit to watch tv, I just figured it would be a total waste of money to even try it out. I do have a little miniature portable heater, which I use when it is -20 to -30 Celsius....like it is today....that and the old stand by....long-johns....LOL! 

I'm shivering just thinking about the shower thing. Some may find this really odd, but I live in a condo, have that crappy baseboard heating system, as a result, I've NEVER turned on the heat. I get natural heat from the other condos around me.....and the baseboard heaters are so far away from where I sit to watch tv, I just figured it would be a total waste of money to even try it out. I do have a little miniature portable heater, which I use when it is -20 to -30 Celsius....like it is today....that and the old stand by....long-johns....LOL! 

I didn't get a shower this morning just because I didn't want to go through it again, lol.

Your place actually stays warm enough from that? I used to live in a row home and while having someone on either side helps, that alone was never enough to keep my place warm.

I didn't get a shower this morning just because I didn't want to go through it again, lol.

Your place actually stays warm enough from that? I used to live in a row home and while having someone on either side helps, that alone was never enough to keep my place warm.

harder in a row house because of all the exposure (I live in a SoPhilly row).

In a condo if you have people on both sides and below (and above) you can probably do better.

@fanaticV3.0  Yeah, like rad said....it's the fact you are surrounded (all sides + top and bottom) from all angles that helps create the heat. I'm a bit freaky with the cold anyways. I sleep with a huge sliding door wide open, you can actually see your breath in my room at times. One time (years ago) I woke up to find snow on my bed...LOL! I just love the feeling of being so cold you have to wrap yourself in a blanket for warmth.....I know, kinda weird....ha ha!

I used to love watching that show on Saturday morning. I miss the days of the big three networks showing cartoons (or shows like this) from like 7-noon every Saturday.

I miss those days....waking up on Saturday morning and eating Captain Crunch to the cartoons! Was a big fan of H.R Puffenstuff and the crew!

I miss those days....waking up on Saturday morning and eating Captain Crunch to the cartoons!

OOOOOOooooohhhh Captain crunch mouth too....cause man i didn't know what a small bowl was.

Mouth be killing you afterwards! :D

Sorry wasn't nothing like Bugs bunny and Daffy and Yosemite Sam!!!

Best one of all time is till laugh at this one!!!!!!!!!!!

"But honestly and truly i am Robin Hood!!!"

Love it!!!!

Doesn't it seem like stations are getting better at timing of the commercials?   I also have the secondary option but it seems more and more that that option always have ads on at the same time as the primary option...the third option is needed in these cases.