Going to the game in Anaheim tonight.

AndyS

Taking my 5-year-old son to his first NHL game (Flyers, of course).  We usually root for the Ducks because we live in SoCal, but not when the Flyers are in town.

All I want to see tonight is (in no particular order):

1. A Flyers Win.

2. A Giroux Goal (or hat trick)

3. Selanne Goal (Not that it would suck to see Mason pitch a shutout.)  Probably be the last time I get to watch him play in person - I'm a huge fan of the guy.

4. My son have a great time.

Can't wait!

Let's go Flyers!

1. A Flyers Win.

That is all i care about it would be HUGE...hell they have only lost twice all season on home ice.

So if they only were to win one game on the raod trip i'd like it verse the Ducks....they are playing really well.

I for the life of me can not understand why i see all these Jonas Hiller trade rumors why on earth would you mess witth a good thing????

Hiller has played outstanding in every game i've seen him play, he is playing with a lot of confidence maybe the best i've ever seen him play.

So why Ducks management would even put that out there about him in beyond me.

Any ways i see Sbisa is back from injury and they just resigned Fistric to an extension...they have a deep blueline and they play well in front of Hiller keep alot of shots on the perimeter...so the Flyers will have their work cut out for them that is for sure. Ducks are also very deep in net to.

Go Flyers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Like 1

That is all i care about it would be HUGE...hell they have only lost twice all season on home ice.

So if they only were to win one game on the raod trip i'd like it verse the Ducks....they are playing really well.

I for the life of me can not understand why i see all these Jonas Hiller trade rumors why on earth would you mess witth a good thing????

Hiller has played outstanding in every game i've seen him play, he is playing with a lot of confidence maybe the best i've ever seen him play.

So why Ducks management would even put that out there about him in beyond me.

Any ways i see Sbisa is back from injury and they just resigned Fistric to an extension...they have a deep blueline and they play well in front of Hiller keep alot of shots on the perimeter...so the Flyers will have their work cut out for them that is for sure. Ducks are also very deep in net to.

Go Flyers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I can't think of where I read it (may have just been Yahoo sports), but the Anaheim GM recently said that there was NO chance in H-E-Double Hockey Sticks that Hiller would be traded.

The only question is how long to extend him, since they do have Gibson waiting in the wings.  I bet they don't want to sign Hiller to anything longer than 3 years.

I can't think of where I read it (may have just been Yahoo sports), but the Anaheim GM recently said that there was NO chance in H-E-Double Hockey Sticks that Hiller would be traded.

The only question is how long to extend him, since they do have Gibson waiting in the wings.  I bet they don't want to sign Hiller to anything longer than 3 years.

And Fasth who is a UFA i think...and Frederik  Andersen who all he did was come in and go 13-2 and post a 933% in his first NHL starts 24 years old and 6' 3" and 250 lbs...how in the hell do all theses teams just find goaltenders blindfolded it seems and Flyers can't even seem to buy one....

And Fasth who is a UFA i think...and Frederik  Andersen who all he did was come in and go 13-2 and post a 933% in his first NHL starts 24 years old and 6' 3" and 250 lbs...how in the hell do all theses teams just find goaltenders blindfolded it seems and Flyers can't even seem to buy one....

Ain't that the truth.  Have you ever seen an NHL team that deep in goaltending???

You'd think that at least once in the last 3 decades the Flyers would have found ONE by accident. (Other than the Vezina winner they traded for nothing, that is.)

Ain't that the truth.  Have you ever seen an NHL team that deep in goaltending???

You'd think that at least once in the last 3 decades the Flyers would have found ONE by accident. (Other than the Vezina winner they traded for nothing, that is.)

And lets not forget they get rid of Bobby Ryan who is a pretty damn good forward and they don't miss a beat...impressive i might say that is why it's hard for me to watch a "non hockey town" like Anaheim and even LA (both with a Cup in the last 8 years) for that matter have such great success and my poor beloved Flyers just can't get right....

..hard...and then to watch them play in that outdoor game the other night wearing the Flyers Orange....and i just quickly envisioned/dreamed they were the Flyers...but just for a second.  ;)

Edited by OccamsRazor

@OccamsRazor  Mr. Andersen confirmed in the nets tonight. Maybe a *slight* improvement from playing Hillier, but as you said, a +930 SV% and a 1.87 GAA....this kid is red hot right now. Flyers have to crash the net, if they let Andersen see the puck, he will stop it. Win the puck possession battles, make a safe, crisp accurate first pass out of the zone and stay the hell out of the box. If the Flyers do all this, they have a chance to come out with 2 pts.

And lets not forget they get rid of Bobby Ryan who is a pretty damn good forward and they don't miss a beat...impressive i might say that is why it's hard for me to watch a "non hockey town" like Anaheim and even LA (both with a Cup in the last 8 years) for that matter have such great success and my poor beloved Flyers just can't get right....

..hard...and then to watch them play in that outdoor game the other night wearing the Flyers Orange....and i just quickly envisioned/dreamed they were the Flyers...but just for a second.  ;)

Having lived in SoCal for over 25 years and having gone to quite a few Kings games in LA (at the Forum & at Staples Center) and Ducks games in Anaheim, I must say that they both have much better fans than most of us give them credit for.  They sell out most of their games, and the crowds (especially in LA) know the game.

Both teams struggled for a long time, but have become really solid, winning organizations. 

Sometimes I wonder if it isn't at least in part due to the need to win in order to sell tickets out here (where entertainment options are plenty) that these teams have gotten their acts together and built winners.  The Flyers seem to sell out their games with little effort.  That speaks well of the fans & the Philly area in general, but just maybe it has caused very little fire to be lit under the feet of the team's ownership & front office.

Not saying that they don't want to win or don't try to win, but they just don't seem motivated to buckle down & structure things they way they need to in order to build a real contender.  They rely w-a-y too much on spending big bucks on big name free agents, rather than drafting & developing players. (Who was the last great goalie or defenseman that they developed in-house?)

The Kings and Ducks seem to have a consistent team structure all through the ranks of their organization.  I don't see that with the Flyers. (Not that I can claim to have an extensive knowledge of their lower levels.)

I really think that Hextall should be handed the reigns ASAP.  His time outside of the Flyers organization could be really helpful in fixing what ails this team.

@OccamsRazor  Mr. Andersen confirmed in the nets tonight. Maybe a *slight* improvement from playing Hillier, but as you said, a +930 SV% and a 1.87 GAA....this kid is red hot right now. Flyers have to crash the net, if they let Andersen see the puck, he will stop it. Win the puck possession battles, make a safe, crisp accurate first pass out of the zone and stay the hell out of the box. If the Flyers do all this, they have a chance to come out with 2 pts.

Sbisa is back too Sami Vatanen was sent back down.

But i want this game....Flyers need this game it could propel them onward into the two games after this one.

HUGE task ahead man because this whole team skates well their transition game is amazing they get pucks on net and the forwards support the D very well...basically this team is "WHAT THE FLYERS NEED TO DO/BE" really they are playing lights out.

If the Flyers can keep it close they have a chance if they fall behind early it could get ugly like Boston.

Having lived in SoCal for over 25 years and having gone to quite a few Kings games in LA (at the Forum & at Staples Center) and Ducks games in Anaheim, I must say that they both have much better fans than most of us give them credit for.  They sell out most of their games, and the crowds (especially in LA) know the game.

Both teams struggled for a long time, but have become really solid, winning organizations. 

Sometimes I wonder if it isn't at least in part due to the need to win in order to sell tickets out here (where entertainment options are plenty) that these teams have gotten their acts together and built winners.  The Flyers seem to sell out their games with little effort.  That speaks well of the fans & the Philly area in general, but just maybe it has caused very little fire to be lit under the feet of the team's ownership & front office.

Not saying that they don't want to win or don't try to win, but they just don't seem motivated to buckle down & structure things they way they need to in order to build a real contender.  They rely w-a-y too much on spending big bucks on big name free agents, rather than drafting & developing players. (Who was the last great goalie or defenseman that they developed in-house?)

The Kings and Ducks seem to have a consistent team structure all through the ranks of their organization.  I don't see that with the Flyers. (Not that I can claim to have an extensive knowledge of their lower levels.)

I really think that Hextall should be handed the reigns ASAP.  His time outside of the Flyers organization could be really helpful in fixing what ails this team.

Great point man but you hit it on the head....sadly Flyers know no matter what they will sell out fans support will be there no matter what. Out west they must win to fill the seats and they know that and seem to have a nice plan in place for that and you can throw the Kings and Sharks in that too. Which i think you did...i'm just repeating what you said. i'm just jealous i guess.

• Like 1

Well, let's just say that was not a very solid effort by the Flyers.

They were playing the best team in the NHL, I know.

Did G win a single faceoff last night?

Our D looks even worse n person.  They all look awful - slow, unable to clear the puck . . . .

Glad we went, but it was hard to really get into that game.

And I was thinking to myself towards the end of the first period - "I hope they don't give up another bad goal in the last minute of play" . . .and then they did.

Congrats Andy on your sons first Flyers game. Hope he had a fun time, The Ducks organization was always about having a family fun night out experience, I don't know if that was a Disney element when it started, but in going to other sports markets arenas, you can definitely see a difference here and there.

• Like 1