UPDATED Draft time: - HockeyForums Olympic Fantasy Hockey

hf101

9 members have voted

1. 1. I want to play HockeyForums Olympic Fantasy Hockey

• yes, can draft WEDNESDAY 9:00PM
    • maybe, I need a different time

We still need 4-6 more people to play!

I was wondering if there was interest in obtaining 8-12 members who wanted to play our typical Playoff Fantasy Hockey for the Olympics?

We would have to have the draft (Feb 12) Wednesday night.  9:00PM EST

The draft will compose of choosing 3 Forwards, 2 Defensemen and 1 Goalie for each member's team in a serpentine fashion. The only players eligible for the draft will be the 12 Olympic teams that compete for the Gold Medal. As your chosen players are eliminated from the Olympics so will they be from your team until the Medal Rounds and the member with the most points wins .

Points are scored by your your team of 6 are as follows:

1 point per goal
1 point per assist
1 extra point for hattrick
2 points for a goalie win
1 point extra for a shutout

Edit:  Bonus Points for Olympic Medals - 3pts for Gold, 2pts for Silver and 1pt for Bronze for each member on your team of the Countries that Medal

and goalies can not score offensive points such as goals / assists

I'll set up a google doc keeping track of points earned and post on the site in the Menu under "Games and Chat".

The list of players you can choose from: 
http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2014/1/8/5288498/winter-olympics-hockey-rosters-sochi-2014

Edit:   IR -  In case of injury which removes a player from the remainder of the tournament we will allow 1 IR spot per team.  You must choose a player from the same Olympic team and only his points moving forward will be added to the points of the player injured.

Edited by hf101
added IR rule

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@jammer2

Would enjoy having you play for sure so...... Maybe we can make this work.

Maybe an auto draft, if you make a list of players.   G, F, D.  and then the order you want to draft through the rounds   Round 1 forward, round 2 forward, round 3 d- man etc.  

Rad mentioned he in his vote he needed another time maybe.  Maybe a Wed evening draft won't be too late as there are only 2 games scheduled.  For the few players picked we can add the scores retrospectively if need be.

Or if we don't have enough people, may have to bag this anyway.

@hf101  I'm about to crash, exhausted from last night's shift. There is no way I can complie a list of players that quick. If we can do a Wendesday night thing, I'm in....but don't want the whole thing to be put off just to fit me in. If Wendesday if feasable, I'll gladly do it. If you guys want to draft today, I totally understand.

@pilldoc @Hockey Junkie @jammer2 @It's a Canadian Game  @radoran

Since we don't have enough people for a Tues draft at 8:00.  How about Wednesday at 9:00

If this doesn't work let me know.

It still would be better to have 8-12 people playing though to make the draft more fun.

Rick,

First of all relax.  These fantasy drafts are all done in fun dont take so personal. We have done this the past 2 years and never had a problem.  The draft order is a serpentine style draft. (Assume 8 players, 1-8)

Round #1: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

Round #2: 8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

Round #3: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

Round #4: 8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

Round #5: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

Round #6: 8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

The ONLY 2 individuals who draft back to back are those who are #1 and #8.  That way it keeps it fair since we are not drafting based on standings.  Last night was a bit muddled, I agree, but it was only because we had 2 late-comers once the draft started.  They needed to get caught up somehow.  So yeah, it did make it a bit confusing when those individuals got to pick back to back, but like I said earlier this is all done for fun. Just roll with it. Yes we do joke around alot, but that is just part of it and we have alot fun together. Don't take it too serious.  I will agree we probably need a timer so that one person does not take 10 mins for pick.  I will make mention that to @hf101.  However, if you have any other complaints or concerns, I would suggest letting @hf101 know.

Edited by pilldoc

Weber and Parise went fairly quickly.  I had a list and was crossing them off as they were being drafted.  You do have to pay attention because the screen does scroll quickly when alot of people "chat" at the same time.

You have to remember this was put togethert at the last minute and there was only going to be one draft.  When we do the NHL Playoff draft, we do 2 nights for those who cannot make one night or the other.  Because of that they had to allow the latecomers in.  Again, if you have any specific complaints please direct them to @hf101.  Better yet, if you have a valid suggestion on ways to improve upon the process, we are always open to suggestions.

Again, I'm sorry you feel that way.  If you have any complaints please direct them to hf101. And just FYI, if you remember, I posted not once but twice, if I should wait until they got caught up.  I certainly did not have a problem with it.  Relax, you are taking this WAY to seriously.

Now I am really going to rock the apple cart.   CAN WE MAKE TRADES????

NOOOOOOOOOO  this is a short tournament.

I do not even have an official list of my players?  Or have any clue what the standings are?   Are we to add our own?

I believe you are all set now.    View both the  "player stats" sheet and the "hockeyforums teams" sheet