1. 1. I want to play HockeyForums Olympic Fantasy Hockey

• yes, can draft WEDNESDAY 9:00PM
    • maybe, I need a different time

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I added an IR rule.

Edit:   IR -  In case of injury which removes a player from the remainder of the tournament we will allow 1 IR spot per team.  You must choose a player from the same Olympic team and only his points moving forward will be added to the points of the player injured.

Thus @jammer2  Zetterberg is out of the tournament.  His 1 pt from the first game will count.  Pick another forward from Sweden not owned by another member's team and his scores moving forward will count for your team.

Thus @jammer2  Zetterberg is out of the tournament.  His 1 pt from the first game will count.  Pick another forward from Sweden not owned by another member's team and his scores moving forward will count for your team.

Do it, @jammer2!  Pick Alfie!  You know you want to!   :P

Now if there were someway for me to make sure that Jonathan Quick gets hurt so Ryan Miller would have to take the nets  :ph34r:

I wish I had more time to chose my defense as I would toss those two into the recycle bin if I could.  

?

You chose Orpik prior to my pick of Shattenkirk.  I thought you were also a fan of the Blues....  ;)

@hf101  I don't think shoot out goals should count. I view them as a separate entity apart from the game. Plus, with these rules having one player shoot multiple times, it might give an unfair advantage for a guy getting multiple chances at the winning goal.

@hf101  I don't think shoot out goals should count. I view them as a separate entity apart from the game. Plus, with these rules having one player shoot multiple times, it might give an unfair advantage for a guy getting multiple chances at the winning goal.

I agree with @jammer2.  IMO, I don't think SO goals should count with the reasons listed above.  SO goals don't count in regular NHL stats.  They have there own entity.  Also, just curious, to those who play regular fantasy hockey games, how do you treat goals scored in the shootout.  I have googled for answers and have seen everything from the goals do not count to those leagues where the goals do count, but at a lower point value.  I say no they should not count.  Besides, once the regular NHL Playoffs begin it becomes a mute point anyway.  Just my 2 cents.

I agree with @jammer2.  IMO, I don't think SO goals should count with the reasons listed above.  SO goals don't count in regular NHL stats.  They have there own entity.  Also, just curious, to those who play regular fantasy hockey games, how do you treat goals scored in the shootout.  I have googled for answers and have seen everything from the goals do not count to those leagues where the goals do count, but at a lower point value.  I say no they should not count.  Besides, once the regular NHL Playoffs begin it becomes a mute point anyway.  Just my 2 cents.

Typically the shoot-out goals do not count in the regular stats in NHL games,  but they count in a separate set of stat for shootouts and are not a part of fantasy league scoring that I've been a part of.  

Why I initiated the question is because TSN and probably the Olympic official boxcore is scoring the winning goal in a shootout as a goal in favor of that players stats.  So for example Doughty gets a Goal added to his stats for an OT goal the same as Radulov gets one for the shootout.  Thus it may be possible that for the Olympic's stats a winning goal in the shootout is = to a winning goal in OT.

http://www.tsn.ca/mens_world/schedule/

I just wanted to make sure everyone is on the same page with scoring an OT goal counting for player (x)  and am questioning if we should be counting the winning shootout goal for player (y) as in line with the boxscore stats given by the Olympics?

@AlaskaFlyerFan @jammer2  and everyone else.

At this point I doubt we are counting the winning Shoot out goal in our league. It is only the winning SO goal that is being collected in the Olympic box score stats and the only WSOG brought up for discussion.  Thus at this point there is only one  SO game winning goal that affects our league thus far, and that is Radulov's winning goal against Slovakia.

I brought this up for discussion mainly to point out that Radulov's or other shoot out winners in the future final stats will not match the final Olympic tabulations.  And thus so far only @radoran 's team is affected by the one point.

The discussion can also be carried a step farther as -----  Varlamov,  got the Win for the shootout thus @Hockey Junkie 's team received 3 points.  Quick also got 2pts for a SO win.

If we say the game winning goal in a shootout doesn't count for the player then why are we counting points for the winning goalie in a Shoot Out?  

If we say the game winning goal in a shootout doesn't count for the player then why are we counting points for the winning goalie in a Shoot Out?  

@hf101,

I think the goalie should get credit for the Shootout win. I don't have a great reason other than the goalie played the entire game. I would take it one step further and give both goalies credit for a shutout if the game ends in a 0-0 tie before the shoot out. That happened in the Russia-Slovakia game yesterday. They score shutouts for both goalies like that in the NHL.

@hf101,

I think the goalie should get credit for the Shootout win. I don't have a great reason other than the goalie played the entire game. I would take it one step further and give both goalies credit for a shutout if the game ends in a 0-0 tie before the shoot out. That happened in the Russia-Slovakia game yesterday. They score shutouts for both goalies like that in the NHL.

I agree with all of that. We think the same way in regards to the shoot out and who should be rewarded for what.

Are shootouts done in the medal round?  Or can there be one?

Yes

OVERTIME During the preliminary round, tied games go to a four-on-four five-minute sudden-death overtime, as in the N.H.L. In the medal round until the gold medal game, overtime is played five on five for 10 minutes. In the gold medal game, the overtime is five on five for 20 minutes. In each case, if overtime does not break the tie, the game goes to a shootout.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/12/sports/olympics/olympic-hockey-is-the-same-except-for-this-and-that.html?_r=0

Then if they are smart, go with Ryan Miller.  He is the best at SO's

I would certainly support that (since he's on my team)

I think if we give a point to the game-winning shoot out player, we should not give shutout points to the losing goaltender (in the case of the RUS-SLO game, Varlamov would get the shutout points and Radulov would get the goal point).  

What about if an extra point was awarded to the game-winning goal in any situation (shoot-out among them).  Makes it very interesting.

Of course the realist in me wants to know what is going to be less hassle on @hf101 for scorekeeping.