Phantoms Brawl

Jam1986

How many players can be on an AHL roster? They are carrying three goalies right now, aren't they?

Danis is only here on a one two way deal, so he'd be the first call up.... gulp!

I don't think they will need his services in the A next year with either Heeter/Stolarz/Chubak they need to let Chubak get some duty on the Phantoms if Heeter is given the chance for a look a backup duty.

I'd prefer a vet to back Mason up.

Was thinking the same thing, Stolarz and Heeter should make a fine tandem next year. Hopefully Stolarz has a nice OHL playoffs to help build his confidence. As long as they are not playing my Spits that is!

I agree. He and Heeter can help get them to the playoff i think.

They find some more scoring and some of the young kids like Straka, Noebels and Cousins have a year under their belt.

Fingers crossed.

No more Gervais so a kid can start developing in that spot.

@OccamsRazor   Just saw on the evening news, the Spits and London appear to be almost locked in to play in the first round of the OHL playoffs, we will give them a bit of trouble, but beating a powerhouse like the Knights is a tough match up for the young Spits. Most we can hope for is to win a few games and get the kids some playoff experience. Chances of us beating Stolarz and the Knights, somewhere around 2-5%.

Just saw on the evening news, the Spits and London appear to be almost locked in to play in the first round of the OHL playoffs, we will give them a bit of trouble, but beating a powerhouse like the Knights is a tough match up for the young Spits.

So who hosts the Cup this year?

The following suspensions were handed out:  

Kris Newbury (four games) for leaving the penalty box during the fight,

Cal Heeter (three) for leaving the bench,

Zack FitzGerald (two) for spitting at Kyle Hagel during a fight,

Ben Holmstrom was given a match penalty for high-sticking Connor Murphy, which started the whole thing.  

Tye McGinn (one).

Portland’s Kyle Hagel was banned two games.

Heeter was suspended three games — not six, as AHL rule 70.10 dictates — for leaving the bench because he did not create uneven numbers.

Ben Holmstrom was given a match penalty for high-sticking Connor Murphy, which started the whole thing.

Too bad we don't have better video. I don't agree with whoever wrote the article. Holmstrom did not start the fight. He may have high sticked Murphy in retaliation, but again, Holmstrom and two other Phantoms players reacted to whatever Murphy did. Murphy started this brawl.

This article agrees with what I am saying.

"I’m not sure what Connor Murphy said or did to provoke this fight, but whatever it was sent three Adirondack Phantoms in a mad dash to jump the Portland Pirates’ defenseman."

http://the700level.com/sports/video-adirondack-phantoms-destroy-portland-pirates-during-line-brawl/

@jammer2

You'd think as OHL commissioner he'd have to come for the OHL finals. He'd go to the games in Windsor, he'd go to the games in London, but when they came to Barrie he was "busy". Busy suspending Colts.

I'm still pissed about O'Connor getting 10 games in the playoffs for a 1st offence that looked to practically everyone like a hockey hit.

I'm still pissed about O'Connor getting 10 games in the playoffs for a 1st offence that looked to practically everyone like a hockey hit.

Speaking of Ryan O'Connor where is he, i know he isn't big in stature and all but he has a nice offensive up side. Flyers could use him on the blueline like a Krug type decent physical player what would you say i know you followed him when he played for your Colts. Plus he is a right hand shot.

OOOOOooooooch!!!!!!!!!

Elite has him playing for the Swiss with Davos.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=23662

Edited by OccamsRazor

Don't get me started on the favoritism that goes to the Knights, whether it's in suspensions, paying off players or the Mem Cup. Bastards!

Isn't that how Weber and Kelowna won their first Memorial Cup.......automatic bid to get in and they didn't even win the WHL.

Get in and ya never know what will happen...

Edited by OccamsRazor

Isn't that how Weber and Kelowna won their first Memorial Cup.......automatic bid to get in and they didn't even win the WHL.

Get in and ya never know what will happen...

I seem to remember something along those lines, I'm gonna look for a list of host cities that have won it all, don't think the list is 2 big, but do seem to recall a QHL team doing it.