Why is so hard to play with Crosby....

jammer2

@Polaris922

Too late. Crosby played well today. Kunitz is still a bum.

Jeez FC, on Kunitz case AGAIN.  Come on, he only missed 3 glorious chances today, but at least on one of them he hit the cross bar.   But really, not sure what reason he was on the Power Play, other than jam at the front of the net.

I tend to think along the same lines. I actually don't think Crosby has been as "bad" as some have been making him out to be. But he's not an Orr or a Gretzky or a Lemieux who can dominate games against elite competition. His strengths are his ability to play in tight spaces and deal with physical play and on big ice those things aren't as much of a factor. But regardless, he still gives 100% every shift, has a great hockey IQ, and is a good two way player who creates plenty of scoring chances. He's just not going to carry a team on his back at this level.

Agree with all of that.

Based on the way Canada has played, I don't think they will beat the US.

Sure. Based on the way they'd played in Vancouver they wouldn't have either (they'd already lost to them). But they did.

I'm not thrilled with the way they've won, but as long as they win, I'm good. Winning by 10 goals a game doesn't amount to squat if you lose at this point. I'm pretty confident we haven't seen the best of TC yet. If we have, they're done.

Sure. Based on the way they'd played in Vancouver they wouldn't have either (they'd already lost to them). But they did.

I'm not thrilled with the way they've won, but as long as they win, I'm good. Winning by 10 goals a game doesn't amount to squat if you lose at this point. I'm pretty confident we haven't seen the best of TC yet. If we have, they're done.

I didn't watch any of the Vancouver games (except the last period of the gold medal game). Were they as lackadaisical? Maybe that's not even the right word.

It's like those games where the Flyers seem to dominate in puck possession and offensive zone time, but never really appear to be threatening. You know what I mean?

But then again, I haven't watched any games this year either... only occasional highlights, so I barely have a basis for an opinion, haha. :)

If you say you're confident, I'm with you then!

@brelic

In Vancouver they kind of limped out of the gates. They did the same thing in Salt Lake. And although they are 4-0, they've done the same thing here.

I'm not chest thumping (like a certain Sabre fan on here) but I'm pretty sure they can take it up a notch over what we've seen so far. Look at all the forwards who've had a pretty vanilla tournament so far...if I'm any of those guys i want to erase that memory. What better way to do it than against the team that's flying? And if that's all they got....we're in big trouble.

Howabout Datsyuk over OV and Malkin?

Absolutely thought he would. Not terribly surprised that he even outperformed them together, in fact.

Crosby is NEVER going to be as good as Lemieux, Gretsky, Howe, or even Messier.

I don't think anyone will ever come close to those first two. However, while I think Mark Howe was a heck of a player, Crosby edges him out. :ph34r: