Something to ponder

Irishjim

I don't condone making a trade for the sake of it, and I sure hope Gomer is not that delusional to think we are one player away from a Cup, where he trades any young guy for an over the hill vet. I do believe that if a  talentedyoung defenseman is available, we will trade one of our young centers/ I f it doesn't happen at the deadline, it will certainly happen in the offseason. No way in hell we go into next season with Streit as our only offensive dman. 

@RonJeremy  If anything, I can see Homer loading up for this upcoming Philly draft. What better way to make a home town splash than have not one, but two first round draft picks....then trade them both along with Luke Schenn for the right to draft Exblad....a guy can dream, can't he?

We do have a lot of centers, but the real question is, who gets moved. Giroux is going no where....Vinny has a no trade clause and Cooter is relatively a great bargain on his rookie deal. Hall is a respectable 4th liner, but not worth anything in a trade. In summary, it appears like Coots is the only real moveable center, which would be a mistake. I would not deal B.Schenn right now either despite his playing on the wing part of the time. I just don't see any of these players being shipped out, for various reasons.

If a C is traded it will prolly be Laughton.

@EightyEight  You just don't give away talent befoe knowing what you have. We still don't even know if this kid is a top 6 forward for God's sake. Maybe he's the best center on the team, who knows? You keep him...and B.Schenn and Cooter and find a way to make it work.

@jammer2  I agree and I wouldn't trade Laughton but knowing Holmgren's track record of trading talent for over-the-hill players anything could happen.

I think the issue really comes down to VLC... can he be an effective winger, and if not, does Homer make a move and trade Cooter or Schenn to put Vinny back at his natural position.  I still dont understand why Homer made this deal and I am not sure what the answer is.  I would rather have Cooter and Schenn on the Team so VLC is going to have to figure it out...

@murraycraven

I'd rather have VLC watch from the pressbox than trade Couturier or Schenn.

fc... could not agree more.   Like I said in a previous post - maybe my expectations are jaded but I just have no faith in Homer when it comes to actually building a team.  I just feel like he is getting an itchy trigger finger!  LOL!