Coming to Philly for the CHI game

CoachX

I don't know if i'm an opportunist or an idiot, but I am coming to see the Flyer vs. Blackhawks. I'm bringing the new GF and a close friend and his wife, who happens to be (you guessed it), a Hawks fan. So in addition to the game we are hoping to hit a few quality Pubs. Anyone got any suggestions? 

I hear there is a BSB Pub near the arena.

I don't know if i'm an opportunist or an idiot, but I am coming to see the Flyer vs. Blackhawks. I'm bringing the new GF and a close friend and his wife, who happens to be (you guessed it), a Hawks fan. So in addition to the game we are hoping to hit a few quality Pubs. Anyone got any suggestions? 

Where are you staying? Center City?

My pub of choice is Fergie's Pub (www.fergies.com). Also good is Misconduct Tavern (misconduct-tavern.com). Fergie's has no TV. Misconduct is strewn with them.

Could offer better reccys with a better knowledge of your location.

Hey, if anyone else is going ot the game, I'm looking for a bit of assistance. My Chicago buddy is trying to visit all the NHL arenas and he is keeping his ticket stubs. Since we got our tix on Stub Hub, they are only giving us electronic tix. If anyone is willing to give us thier stubs, that would be great

@radoran

Center City, Chestnut Street.

I'll check out Fergie's for sure. Thanks for the tip

highly recommend taking the subway (Broad Street Line) to and from the game. It's generally full of Flyers fans before and after the game.

Enjoy Ferg's. If Jim's behind the bar, he's a HUGE Flyers fan.

That was the plan. We were tipped on to that by some friends out here also. We managed to get pretty decent seats and are turning this into a nice little impromptu vacation. Too bad the weather will most likely still suck

Edited by CoachX

The places rad recommended are good, but if you are looking for something by the arena, Chickie and Pete's is worth it for the food. Their crab fries are solid and their pizza is criminally underrated. It's nothing special as a bar, but their food is good. If you want to see a "neighborhood bar" there's Philadium down the street from there, lol.

Hey, if anyone else is going ot the game, I'm looking for a bit of assistance. My Chicago buddy is trying to visit all the NHL arenas and he is keeping his ticket stubs. Since we got our tix on Stub Hub, they are only giving us electronic tix. If anyone is willing to give us thier stubs, that would be great

PM me with his address and I will send him my stub

Edited by Poulin20

The places rad recommended are good, but if you are looking for something by the arena, Chickie and Pete's is worth it for the food. Their crab fries are solid and their pizza is criminally underrated. It's nothing special as a bar, but their food is good. If you want to see a "neighborhood bar" there's Philadium down the street from there, lol.

just be sure to tip your waiter at C&Ps... apparenlty Pete does not like paying them :huh:

• Like 2

Yeah, the bastard just got nailed in court didn't he?

Pete is a turd of the highest order, I had a major run in with him during the 2008 baseball playoffs. The Phillies were in LA playing the Dodgers in game 5 of the NLCS and I wanted to be part of the action when they won to go on to the WS. So I went down to C&Ps with my wife a few hours early to get a seat. I planned to order food and drink all night to justify keeping my seat. I was seated by Pete's staff at the table closest to the big screen and I proceeded to order and eat. The game started and I kept ordering and eating. Midway thru the game Pete comes up to me and says "Excuse me, are just planning to sit here and watch the game because you can't to that you have to order food to stay at my tables" I told him to check my bill and that I was spending quite a bit of money at his place. Without checking he says, Well it's not enough, I am going to have to ask you to leave." I said nothing doing and told him I was astounded that he would treat a paying customer like that, especially when everyone else around us was not ordering but just watching the game. Finally he comes clean and says the Mayor is coming and I am sitting at his table. I told Pete that he can blame his staff for sitting me T the Mayors table as I didn't ask to sit there. When I told him that he seemed pissed and said he needs to talk to his staff. He then comes back reluctantly and says I can stay and that he will seat the mayor behind me. I said good and then stopped talking to him after that.

All he had to do was ask me to move 1 table back because he wanted the mayor to sit up front. Instead he rudely tries to intimidate a paying customer who was racking up a huge bill. The guy is a complete idiot and a mellon head with no sense whatsoever.

• Like 1

Pete is a turd of the highest order, I had a major run in with him during the 2008 baseball playoffs. The Phillies were in LA playing the Dodgers in game 5 of the NLCS and I wanted to be part of the action when they won to go on to the WS. So I went down to C&Ps with my wife a few hours early to get a seat. I planned to order food and drink all night to justify keeping my seat. I was seated by Pete's staff at the table closest to the big screen and I proceeded to order and eat. The game started and I kept ordering and eating. Midway thru the game Pete comes up to me and says "Excuse me, are just planning to sit here and watch the game because you can't to that you have to order food to stay at my tables" I told him to check my bill and that I was spending quite a bit of money at his place. Without checking he says, Well it's not enough, I am going to have to ask you to leave." I said nothing doing and told him I was astounded that he would treat a paying customer like that, especially when everyone else around us was not ordering but just watching the game. Finally he comes clean and says the Mayor is coming and I am sitting at his table. I told Pete that he can blame his staff for sitting me T the Mayors table as I didn't ask to sit there. When I told him that he seemed pissed and said he needs to talk to his staff. He then comes back reluctantly and says I can stay and that he will seat the mayor behind me. I said good and then stopped talking to him after that.

All he had to do was ask me to move 1 table back because he wanted the mayor to sit up front. Instead he rudely tries to intimidate a paying customer who was racking up a huge bill. The guy is a complete idiot and a mellon head with no sense whatsoever.

Not that it would have been right, but I'm really surprised he didn't press the issue more. That's hilarious that he tried to force you to move and you owned him. If he was smart, he would have just told you the truth, found you another table, and given you a free round of drinks or knocked some money off your bill.

People in the food/alcohol service industry can be a pain in the ass. I know they put up with a lot of stress on a daily basis, but sometimes they're in the wrong too. This situation being one of those instances. I just had a bit of a weird situation myself last night.

@Poulin20

Thanks, I'll definitely take you up on that.

Its been a while since I have been back.My last game was the start of the "Foot=PA" saga. Has the area around the arena beendeveloped more?

I was wonddering about the BSBPub