Where is Briere?

Guest trevluk

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Briere is sucking bad this year, he has done nothing to help the team. Been pissed at him for awhile now, dude just stands behind the net waiting for simmonds to do all the work. He needs to be bench, I don't care if he wears the A.

Wow, Briere a total n ow show today, including on the penalty shot. That was the worst penalty shot attempt ever. I could have shot it straight into Lundquist.

I was thinking the ice was probably bad enough that he was forced to shoot. Not the shot I would have liked but I knew he was shooting.

However the point remains is that he needs to be the "secondary" scoring.

I was thinking the ice was probably bad enough that he was forced to shoot. Not the shot I would have liked but I knew he was shooting.

Remember 2 yrs ago when the Flyers beat he Rangers in the shootout in the last game of the year? Where did the shot go? 5-hole. That's where Danny was going and he had the 5 hole. All he had to do was lift the puck over the stick. He didn't get it up high enough.

Lundqvist moved very quickly to close the 5-hole. Briere tried a good shot, but good goalies make those saves more than not.

The thing is he didn't get it closed. Danny didn't get the puck over Hank's stick. The 5-hole was WIDE open. Check out the slow motion replay

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=14&id=146678

The thing is he didn't get it closed. Danny didn't get the puck over Hank's stick. The 5-hole was WIDE open. Check out the slow motion replay

http://video.nhl.com...id=14&id=146678

Most good goalie shows you the 5 hole with the stick in front, they want you to shoot it there and they will close the pads quick. Danny must've thought Lundqvist was Bryzgalov in goal.

Hard to see the puck go into that hole.

Vince,

It certainly looks like there is no hole there in that picture.

I went back and looked at the video (several times).

(Elapsed time in the video) 1:00 - When the puck left Danny's stick - HUGE 5-hole.

1:01 - Puck half way between Danny & Hank - Big 5-hole.

Sitll at 1:01 When the puck hits Hank's stick - I can't tell if there is an open 5-hole.

Vince,

It certainly looks like there is no hole there in that picture.

I went back and looked at the video (several times).

(Elapsed time in the video) 1:00 - When the puck left Danny's stick - HUGE 5-hole.

1:01 - Puck half way between Danny & Hank - Big 5-hole.

Sitll at 1:01 When the puck hits Hank's stick - I can't tell if there is an open 5-hole.

same here. the angle in Vincent's shot looks closed up tight, but all the angle's I saw on TV looked like there was something to go for. Oh well

Where the hell is this guy at? Forget JVR, this guy is getting paid 3x more then JVR and has disappear this season. Tonight we had 5 scores and he had nothing to do with it, not a single point. I'm tired of him just standing behind the net while his linemates do all the dirty works and he just watches. If you don't hear Briere's name mention on the broadcast look behing the net, I guarentee you he's there.

I know Briere does not play defense but after seeing a 39 year old Jagr backchecks Briere should be able to do the same. I don't care if he's a playoff performer, that's no excuse for cruising through the season. I doin't recall him having a impact to us winning games this year but surely do for losing games.

@Vincent05

I agree. He's not having a good season at all (at least for him). He's on pace to score 20 goals this year. That's pretty bad for the salary he makes. He deserves more criticism than he gets. I just hope he can turn it on around playoff time.

@Vincent05

I agree. He's not having a good season at all (at least for him). He's on pace to score 20 goals this year. That's pretty bad for the salary he makes. He deserves more criticism than he gets. I just hope he can turn it on around playoff time.

Being just a playoff producers means squat to me, you're being paid to play in the regular season too. Right now I see Shelley has more use then him, Shelley will hit, backcheck and get his face pounded for his 1.1 mil. Plus he won't take minutes away from the rookies who all has look good.

I would like to see Homer move him somehow and allocate his cap hit to get Weber. I think Briere would fetch a pretty good package to help offset the package it would take to get Weber here.

I would like to see Homer move him somehow and allocate his cap hit to get Weber. I think Briere would fetch a pretty good package to help offset the package it would take to get Weber here.

And if you're Danny Briere you want to go to Nashville because...?

Being just a playoff producers means squat to me, you're being paid to play in the regular season too. Right now I see Shelley has more use then him, Shelley will hit, backcheck and get his face pounded for his 1.1 mil. Plus he won't take minutes away from the rookies who all has look good.

i'm not trying to completely recuse briere(lil paul mccartney), but he hasn't had the same line pairing for more than like 3 games. they aren't finding him chemistry since fartsmell is off his line. i firmly believe his 2nd half will be better than his first. but, of course no one cares about the playoffs right now. we'll talk to you again if they make the playoffs and i'm sure you'll eat your words here.