The Decline of Vinny Lecavalier?

radoran

The Flyers could have gotten the EXACT same production from one of our in house centers....without the 5 year commitment and cap hit. The lack of vision by Homer is sickening. I'd love to see this team tank and watch him and his crew cut being shown the door!

• Like 3

weel said Bak...  total misuse of assets.

and a total misuse of money.  Again I digress.  What was the sole purpose of bringing Vinny in?  I did not like the signing then and i still don't like the signing.  Is he the player to take us to the Stanley Cup?  We had more pressing issues on the blue line and yet Homer insisted he signing a top name player.  As I said numerous times, I don't hate VLC, I just hate the signing.  Now to add insult to injury (pun not inteneded) they insist on playing Vinny out of position.  Please someone for the love of god tell me how this makes any sense?

and a total misuse of money.  Again I digress.  What was the sole purpose of bringing Vinny in?  I did not like the signing then and i still don't like the signing.  Is he the player to take us to the Stanley Cup?  We had more pressing issues on the blue line and yet Homer insisted he signing a top name player.  As I said numerous times, I don't hate VLC, I just hate the signing.  Now to add insult to injury (pun not inteneded) they insist on playing Vinny out of position.  Please someone for the love of god tell me how this makes any sense?

Doc... it makes no sense!  I think VLC is nothing more than a typical Flyers signing.   The guy has played 14 years as a Center and has done a pretty good damn job of it as well.   So, let's sign this guy and expect him to play out of position and hope it works out.   I think he can be a good player but it makes no sense to put him in a position to fail.   He was signed and Flyers knew they had a logjam at the center position which is ridiculous.  You shed two bad contracts in Bryz and Briere and then turn around and do the same thing for another againg vet - not to mention the NMC to boot.

I like the player, hate the contract and think Homer may have made one of his worst moves as a GM with this signing.  I dont understand it....  the only positive I can take from it is maybe VLC is entirely unhappy with how he is being played out of position and asks for a trade.  

I just never understood this move... if you sign him I think he has to be a Center.   The problem they created for themselves is they have Cooter and Schenn at center behind G with Laughton coming up if not next season the following season.  

Doc... it makes no sense!  I think VLC is nothing more than a typical Flyers signing.   The guy has played 14 years as a Center and has done a pretty good damn job of it as well.   So, let's sign this guy and expect him to play out of position and hope it works out.   I think he can be a good player but it makes no sense to put him in a position to fail.   He was signed and Flyers knew they had a logjam at the center position which is ridiculous.  You shed two bad contracts in Bryz and Briere and then turn around and do the same thing for another againg vet - not to mention the NMC to boot.

I like the player, hate the contract and think Homer may have made one of his worst moves as a GM with this signing.  I dont understand it....  the only positive I can take from it is maybe VLC is entirely unhappy with how he is being played out of position and asks for a trade.  

I just never understood this move... if you sign him I think he has to be a Center.   The problem they created for themselves is they have Cooter and Schenn at center behind G with Laughton coming up if not next season the following season.

If St. Louis goes to NYR, let's trade Vinny there for Del Zotto ;)

MAKE IT HAPPEN HOMER!