Great game.

Guest Phillygrump

That was an incredible game.

I will say that its pretty obvious that the Rangers are better than us, but man do they get away with a ton of stuff. Especially in the 3rd period. They are better, but man it gets old watching them haul someone down or hold someone up and skate freely.

They can do pretty much whatever they want and get away with it. That is their game. When the refs let them play they can control the game and do whatever. The Flyers need to find someone who can keep the Mike Rupp's of the word from stealing momentum away from them.

They also need a D threat on the PP that can keep guys form doubling Giroux.

Congrats to Schenn. Nice way to score your first career NHL goal.

This is the first time I watched the entire WC, and it was fun. The Flyers are not good enough right now to beat the Rangers and the Bruins of the Eastern Conference. Anyone who thinks we're all set at D is fooling themselves. You can't stay where you are. You either upgrade and go get a guy like Weber, or you sell off Bryz and Kimmo to people who are contenders or anyone who might take Bryz.

The team we have now is good enough to finish 4-5 in the EC and get ousted in the 2nd round of the playoffs. In my opinion they are overachieving and I enjoy watching them, but its obvious they are not EC elite.

I felt we outplayed the Rags most of the game. I think that as the thread said goaltending was the difference. Mike Rupp has no business scoring 2 goals in a season let alone a game. Bob has to stop those (especially the 2nd goal). The Rags are hot right now but I am not convinced that they can keep this up for the rest of the season. I think they are overachieving a bit and that we will be able to take them in some of the games down the stretch. The Bruins on the other hand I give us no chance against.

Let me offer another take. The Rangers wanted it more. I think the Flyers are more talented, but didn't play with playoff fire like the Rangers.

I do think Rinaldo could have helped neutralize the Rangers, and it would be nice if those holds would get called.

On the bright side, the refs FINALLY called an even up with the holding the stick on one guy and hook or interference on the other. Why don't the call it more often?

I felt like the worst calls went in our favor. That was not a game I'd blame on the refs, by any means. The difference was team D and the goaltenders. Bob let in one very bad goal and one questionable one. The one bad goal was enough to be the difference.

Good measuring stick today. Not a Cup year by any means but 2nd round playoffs unless Holmgren really gets creative and fleeces his usual suspects. Yes, dissappointing to be ahead by 2 goals, then to loose. Hate to say it, Jagr is a real difference maker. But, I do not see him coming back next year, eben with Giroux... By the end of the season his body will be well past 40. Rangers and Bruins are better right now. Clearly. They have a lot of size teamed up with skill and oh some toughness.. Gaborik is sick good. In general, our forwards are decent and a lot of promise in these young kids like Schenn and Reid. We picked up size in off season and can bang in the corners, but still think we need a big, physical, bruising, elite, play-making center to draw the defense in between the circles. Doesn't everyone? What does Columbus need for Carter. Maybe he is ready to be a hockey player now after seeing life in the basement. Simmons was outstanding today as was Hartnell. Briere is a shadow of his self. Goaltending is a real mess right now, and the defense needs another good 3-4 guy. Still very young and learning. I would take Bryz and shop him, use Pronger LTIR money, and keep Bob as back-up. Ok, lets go back and do it again.

This was actually a really fun game to watch - regardless of the outcome. But, when we went up 2-0, I knew the Rangers had us right where they wanted us and we were pretty much guaranteed the loss. Unless we put up 5 or 6 goals (and as proven in a couple of earlier games, even that's no guarantee), we're going to have a really hard time getting a win. As somebody else posted - goaltending was once again the difference. That said, it was a great hockey spectacle today, exciting from start to finish.