Home Brewed Blade Curves

bunnyman

The fascination with altering my curves went all the way back to Mites Hockey, when my pops would shape a blade from a straight Northland stick. When I got to Bantam level, I had perfected my curve for my shot, yet it evolved all the way into Junior hockey.

Fast forward to now- I have lost a LOT of this knowledge, and it is 'cos I stopped caring twenty plus years ago. My slap shot can be stopped by most kittens.My wristers are still decent, but lack power, not accuracy. I can't really flex a stick.

It seems that I am now a defenseman. I started life as a defense-minded left winger on the checking line. My slap shot from the point gets stopped easily. But I can break up a play and win the battles behind the goal on the boards. I am officially a grinder, and I love it.

But I did have an epiphany- modding an Iginla curve to be more open with some heel curve made my clearing passes less prone to being picked off. I can do high saucer passes. My wrister is slightly more potent. Roll my wrist down and I can fool the people who think they will expect a high saucer pass.

We can't let wooden blades and component sticks go away. How else can I figure out my curve? What other way can I experiment?