Time for Murray and LaFontainne to prove themselves

Buffalo Rick

OK.  Darcy Regier may have done a few bad things, like trade Vanek (arguably) and fire LIndy, but he did something right.  He got us a boatload of picks to build on for the future.  I loved Jason Pommenville and Derrick Roy both,.   Loved them and loved Vanek.  But all things come to an end eventually.  Did he do the right thing breaking up a team that most likely could have made  the playoffs?  Certainly they would not have the record they now hold.  But to win it all the old belief is you must be bad first to be able to get those blue chip players that can do it.   Patrick Kane would look good wearing the colors of the team he grew up cheering for.  Remember how bad Chicago was?  And for how long?  The Sabres have never been bad for as long as the Islanders and Oilers have been since their glory days.  And I do not expect that to change.  Buffalo has always had some magic when it comes to landing a top notch goalie.  If Miller does go, I have to wonder who the next one will be?  Hackett they say is not NHL ready and neither is the kid playing with him in Rochester.  The kid is a big goalie.  Murray says he likes big goalies, and I am sure that did not sit well with Jhonas Enroth.  Should Miller be dealt, Enroth will be thrown to the hounds and be the starter.  I hope he likes rubber.  Moulson most likely has his bags packed and is living out of a suitcase.  Stafford is probably looking into construction.  You have to really take your hats off to those paying fans that go through those doors every night.  As much as a fan as I am, I cannot battle the elements and make the drive to see this product right now.  I will wait until they re establish themselves as a contender.  I need my own repairs so no big hurry.  My life is in direct correlation to the Sabres and Bills sometimes I think.  I know you think I am nuts.  Maybe I am. What did I do to deserve wide right and no goal?  Lets get it right this time Mr Murray.  And leave your boy Brian out of our business.  I cannot stand him.  Return the Buffalo Sabres to being an elite team.  The next time we show up at the dance we are going home with the prom queen

OK.  Darcy Regier may have done a few bad things, like trade Vanek (arguably) and fire LIndy, but he did something right.  He got us a boatload of picks to build on for the future.  I loved Jason Pommenville and Derrick Roy both,.   Loved them and loved Vanek.  But all things come to an end eventually.  Did he do the right thing breaking up a team that most likely could have made  the playoffs?  Certainly they would not have the record they now hold.  But to win it all the old belief is you must be bad first to be able to get those blue chip players that can do it.   Patrick Kane would look good wearing the colors of the team he grew up cheering for.  Remember how bad Chicago was?  And for how long?  The Sabres have never been bad for as long as the Islanders and Oilers have been since their glory days.  And I do not expect that to change.  Buffalo has always had some magic when it comes to landing a top notch goalie.  If Miller does go, I have to wonder who the next one will be?  Hackett they say is not NHL ready and neither is the kid playing with him in Rochester.  The kid is a big goalie.  Murray says he likes big goalies, and I am sure that did not sit well with Jhonas Enroth.  Should Miller be dealt, Enroth will be thrown to the hounds and be the starter.  I hope he likes rubber.  Moulson most likely has his bags packed and is living out of a suitcase.  Stafford is probably looking into construction.  You have to really take your hats off to those paying fans that go through those doors every night.  As much as a fan as I am, I cannot battle the elements and make the drive to see this product right now.  I will wait until they re establish themselves as a contender.  I need my own repairs so no big hurry.  My life is in direct correlation to the Sabres and Bills sometimes I think.  I know you think I am nuts.  Maybe I am. What did I do to deserve wide right and no goal?  Lets get it right this time Mr Murray.  And leave your boy Brian out of our business.  I cannot stand him.  Return the Buffalo Sabres to being an elite team.  The next time we show up at the dance we are going home with the prom queen

I'm just curious...  what years do you consider as Buffalo's "elite team" years?  

1975, 1999, 2006, 2004

OKay we define elite differently is all.  I look at Elite as top of the ladder for a few years running, both regular season and playoffs.  You see it as any year they make it to the conference finals or better, regardless of their regular season.  So why 2004?  They didn't even make the playoffs ?  

OKay we define elite differently is all.  I look at Elite as top of the ladder for a few years running, both regular season and playoffs.  You see it as any year they make it to the conference finals or better, regardless of their regular season.  So why 2004?  They didn't even make the playoffs ?  

I may have the wrong year.  When the lockout ended, nobody, I mean nobody, denied the Sabres were the best team and the most exciting team.  When they had Briere clicking on all cylinders, Roy, Pommenville, etc.  now we are in complete rebuild.  Now Miller is gone.  Will St Louis sign him long term?  Or does that depend on how they do?  Any idea?

I may have the wrong year.  When the lockout ended, nobody, I mean nobody, denied the Sabres were the best team and the most exciting team.  When they had Briere clicking on all cylinders, Roy, Pommenville, etc.  now we are in complete rebuild.  Now Miller is gone.  Will St Louis sign him long term?  Or does that depend on how they do?  Any idea?

I would say they were an elite team from the lockout through the next two seasons.  Best in the league I don't agree with but they were among the top teams.  Those were the glory years for the Sabres franchise for certain.  A good friend of mine from the service lives in Buffalo and I followed your team short term when we roomed together at Griffiss AFB.  Those weren't glory years though.   He and I are still in touch, and we have friendly rivalry times when the Sabres and Pens meet.  

I do..they didn't win the cup.

I do..they didn't win the cup.

An OT loss in the Eastern finals.  But by far the best team after the lockout and many many magazines had them on the front page. . They had one article in particular I will never forget.  It said "you may not like the Sabres, but you have to love what they stand for".  And what that was was speed to kill and an exciting type of game style that was gone for some time and the New Jersey Devil trap style game was in place.  Bored the fans to sleep.  Is that what you would prefer as long as you win?  I am sure.  Your team sucks buddy.  Sucks. So get off my back