Hawks-Penguins: Stadium Series comes to Chicago!

Not exactly the best time to have it, though ... :lol: .  The Chicago winter continues, and the Hawks' offense has, of late, gone south ... not for the winter, but to the winter.

The "game within a game" tomorrow night will be, of course, the weather.  It is expected to be snowing at Soldier Field during the game, which makes me wonder if the gme time should have been pushed back?

Not exactly the best time to have it, though ... :lol: .  The Chicago winter continues, and the Hawks' offense has, of late, gone south ... not for the winter, but to the winter.

The "game within a game" tomorrow night will be, of course, the weather.  It is expected to be snowing at Soldier Field during the game, which makes me wonder if the gme time should have been pushed back?

Is that the same storm that is hitting Pittsburgh Sunday night into Monday morning?  If so, it's supposed to be a doosey.

I think the game could be a mess... not just because of the weather either.  If you're trying to showcase two of the "best teams in the league" against one another, why do it right after the Olympic break?  You'd think they'd want both teams running on all cylinders.  As it stands, it's anybody's guess how it will turn out tomorrow night.. good, bad, or ugly. . . 

Looks like we're still on track for tonight's game.  I still think the time should have been pushed to earlier today, though.

@yave1964

I think this would be a very interesting Stanley Cup matchup if it did happen.  Particularly for Marian Hossa.

@Polaris922

That's a good point.  The Hawks haven't quite been bringing their best game lately.  I think it would have been better to schedule this in a couple of weeks.  Oh well ... it should still be fun to watch.  :)

Well the weather outside is frightful.  

And Chicago looks delightful.

With the Penguins suckin so

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow :lol:

Fleury is looking rather comfortable in post season form.   ;)

Fleury is looking rather comfortable in post season form.   ;)

4 of the 5 goals were on odd man breaks being scored right on top of Fleury, two of which he made the first stop and had no help to clear.   How many other odd man breaks did he save.   

Real story was the Hawks came to play and outperformed the Pens in all areas of the game, hands down.

@nossagog

I agree.  I was just poking a little smarm.   ;)      The Hawks played as if they wanted the win much more.  Even though the score was close for the most of it, maybe the gameplan should have been to spit the goaltending role especially in conditions like that.