LaFontaine Resigns: What is going on?

hf101

Both good points. The timing is horrible though.

Absolutely horrible timing. It seems like no real purpose to the timing, actually. How does doing it now benefit anything more than simply waiting until the end of the season? It makes me believe it's temper tantrum more than anything else. Still remains to be revealed that the temper tantrum was about

Hilarious comment on the Yahoo sports page....

"If they need a new Head of Hockey Operations in Buffalo, my dog is available. She can't possibly do anymore damage to this franchise and she will bite Ville Leino and his 5 million dollar contract as she chases him out of town..."

@hf101  This is a really odd situation. I think 100% Murray made the right move by trading Miller and Ott, and the picks, prospect and players will strengthen the franchise for years to come. I can't see why Lafontaine would be upset by this move. It gives them the opportunity to par lay the players into even more picks, and gives them 3 first rounders in the McDavid draft, what is not to like?  Would he have preferred to lose Miller for nothing as a UFA....very puzzling.

For once we are in total agreement and the message boards are lighting up on the Buffalo News.  Most agree that if he, Pat Laf, was so upset by this to quit, he would have failed at this position anyway.  This is a classless move by a former player.  I questioned why they would ever put him in the front office to begin with.  To me he is an Islander first.  Good riddens LaFontainne you baby.  Ryan Miller would not agree with your stupid knee jerk reaction.  Who is going to hire you now?  Nobody that is who.  

It cracks me the hell up to have memory of what people say before something happens and the 180 degree diametrically opposed song they sing after.

I'd be entertained if it wasn't so dizzyingly pathetic.

Whatever do you mean Rux?  :rolleyes:

My guess is after receiving over 4,000 phone calls and emails per day... everyday,  from someone called HockeyJunkie demanding he not trade anyone since his first day on the job, Mr. Lafontaine finally succumbed to the pressure.

My guess is after receiving over 4,000 phone calls and emails per day... everyday,  from someone called HockeyJunkie demanding he not trade anyone since his first day on the job, Mr. Lafontaine finally succumbed to the pressure.

Bucky from the Buffalo News is stirring the kettle and he is saying it is about Nolan.  Pat wanted Nolan to stay but Murray is in fact putting together a contact for Nolan so there is alot of confusion and the truth is being hidden.  Pat LaFontaine is hiding in his house.  He will not answer the phone.  He was absent all week and even during the last win.  It appears Murray and LaFontainne must have really been at odds.  Pegula must step up to the plate and fix all of this.  

:huh:

Good one.