A little late, but I have to say how much I enjoyed

fanaticV3.0

the Olympics this year. I don't know why the Winter Olympics are thought of as the less popular/cool games, because some of those events are every bit as atheletic as the summer games. Just about every one of the skiing events requires a tremendous amount of athletecism. The cuts and turns they have to make in the downhill stuff, the core strength required to do the halfpipe stuff, and cross country is insane. Skinning on flat ground or even uphill? I can't think of many things that are more exhausting than that. And then having to shoot a gun in between something as exhausting as that? That's pretty cool imo. I love the idea of exhausting someone physically and making them perform something that takes such concentration.

Some of the sledding stuff is cool as hell too. They have to haul ass when they launch (or whatever you call it). No way you can do that if you are not in shape. They are literally running as hard as they can.

The snowboarding stuff was awesome too, particularly the stuff where they race against once another 4-5 people at a time.

Besides hockey, there's actually a lot I like about the Winter Games. I'm a fan.

the Olympics this year. I don't know why the Winter Olympics are thought of as the less popular/cool games, because some of those events are every bit as atheletic as the summer games. Just about every one of the skiing events requires a tremendous amount of athletecism. The cuts and turns they have to make in the downhill stuff, the core strength required to do the halfpipe stuff, and cross country is insane. Skinning on flat ground or even uphill? I can't think of many things that are more exhausting than that. And then having to shoot a gun in between something as exhausting as that? That's pretty cool imo. I love the idea of exhausting someone physically and making them perform something that takes such concentration.

Some of the sledding stuff is cool as hell too. They have to haul ass when they launch (or whatever you call it). No way you can do that if you are not in shape. They are literally running as hard as they can.

The snowboarding stuff was awesome too, particularly the stuff where they race against once another 4-5 people at a time.

Besides hockey, there's actually a lot I like about the Winter Games. I'm a fan.

Count not agree more.  A few too many X-Games but I do love the Snowboard Cross and Ski Cross.

Bobsledding.

Luge.

Skeleton.

Short Track Speedskating.

Skiing.

And of course - the hockey.

Heck - even the cross country skiing.  Those guys have to be among the most finely tuned athletes on the plant. 

Count not agree more.  A few too many X-Games but I do love the Snowboard Cross and Ski Cross.

Bobsledding.

Luge.

Skeleton.

Short Track Speedskating.

Skiing.

And of course - the hockey.

Heck - even the cross country skiing.  Those guys have to be among the most finely tuned athletes on the plant. 

I'll take the X-Games stuff over curling anyday, lol. It was just so entertaining. I really got into it. I didn't even care about the hockey that much, but once it was on TV I was hooked. I was actually pissed for a few days after the U.S. loss and I don't remember the last time I cared that much.

The skiing amazes me because there are so many different types and they require different muscles or types of endurance. The cross country stuff is pure cardio. It's so exhausting. The downhill stuff isn't as exhausting, but the muscles it requires to make those turns.

@fanaticV3.0  It has always amazed me how much shock and wear and tear on their knees the Mogul skiers endure. I just wince in pain everytime I watch that event. I'm sure the athletes bodies are conditioned for the trauma, but damn....I wonder how long the average career of a Mogul skier is, can't be to high.

@fanaticV3.0  It has always amazed me how much shock and wear and tear on their knees the Mogul skiers endure. I just wince in pain everytime I watch that event. I'm sure the athletes bodies are conditioned for the trauma, but damn....I wonder how long the average career of a Mogul skier is, can't be to high.

I can honestly say it's not something I've thought about before. I don't get the chance to watch skiing very often, so that's why. But when we were watching the event I was thinking about it, especially since my knees bother me more the older I get (that's depressing to even type).

I'll take the X-Games stuff over curling anyday, lol. It was just so entertaining. I really got into it. I didn't even care about the hockey that much, but once it was on TV I was hooked. I was actually pissed for a few days after the U.S. loss and I don't remember the last time I cared that much.

The skiing amazes me because there are so many different types and they require different muscles or types of endurance. The cross country stuff is pure cardio. It's so exhausting. The downhill stuff isn't as exhausting, but the muscles it requires to make those turns.

I forgot about the curling...another good one.

Come to think of it, there really isn't a sport in the Winter Olympics that I won't watch.  Even the figure skating....you have to appreciated the skill involved to do something on skates that most people can't do wearing shoes.

I get tired just watching the cross country skiing.

One thing that bothers me.....

We have great hockey players....the Dutch have great speed skaters.

We win TWO medals for having the best in hockey...they win TWENTY THREE in speed skating.

There's always the chance Crosby can reach his dream of Olympic gold in the summer olympics.

Many more medals available in diving.

:ph34r:

I've already decided to book the entire 2 weeks off for the South Korea Winter Olympics in 2018. I didn't like the idea of going to work this year and missing so much of these very enthralling games. For all the negatives the world press incessantly bitched about....the Russians pulled off a very entertaining 2 weeks of solid fun....great job by them, and I'm guessing they literally invested millions in anti-terrorist security.....betcha there was things going on that we never got the scoop on, and probably never will. 

Good call, @fanaticV3.0. The Winter Olympics are far superior to the Summer.

I'm gonna give a quick shout out to - BIATHALON.

Cross country skiing with attitude.

Biathalon, yeah, I think that's awesome. I like the vast different between the very physical element and then making them slow down and concentrate after totally exhausting them. Plus, it has a bit or a survival element to it and it reminds me of something that was spawned from an older time when those skills were useful.

Biathalon, yeah, I think that's awesome. I like the vast different between the very physical element and then making them slow down and concentrate after totally exhausting them. Plus, it has a bit or a survival element to it and it reminds me of something that was spawned from an older time when those skills were useful.

it's very much a military-related thing. It's one reason why the Russians are bonkers for it (winning the team goal in biathalon almost made up for the hockey team).

People complain about cross-country - but it's much more interesting to me than, say, running. Watching a 5,000 meter run is like watching NASCAR in slow motion. I'd put the 20,000 meter up against the marathon any day of the week.

But when I had people that said they "hated" cross country watch biathalon, they really seemed to enjoy it. It is the dichotomy between the major athletic exertion of the skiing and the precision of the shooting.

it's very much a military-related thing. It's one reason why the Russians are bonkers for it (winning the team goal in biathalon almost made up for the hockey team).

People complain about cross-country - but it's much more interesting to me than, say, running. Watching a 5,000 meter run is like watching NASCAR in slow motion. I'd put the 20,000 meter up against the marathon any day of the week.

But when I had people that said they "hated" cross country watch biathalon, they really seemed to enjoy it. It is the dichotomy between the major athletic exertion of the skiing and the precision of the shooting.

It's definitely both of those things that appeals to me.

• Like 1