Please bench Downie for a year

King Knut

I hope he is gone after Wed 3pm deadline... 

Yeah, that would even be better, but I am not sure how many GMs would want to give up anything for him, even a very late draft pick.  This is how little this guy is worth.

Frankly, I am surprised he is still in the NHL.  He brings absolutely zero to the table. 

Yes he has been terrible of late it is time to bench him and put Raffl on the wing with Coots and Read....i'd be ok with him never playing in the Orange and balck again.....he plays with zero heart and hustle and i'm tired of watching it.

Play someone who will be hungry to prove something.

Downie brings nothing no more.

He's been terrible most of the season. Outside of the spark he provided earlier in the year - which wasn't even him alone, it was his linemates - he's done nothing. The bad far outweighs the good with him.

That pretty much sums it up.  I try to give him a benefit of the doubt and watch intently when he is on the ice, hoping to find at least something positive, and I just can't see what it is he brings to the table.  He is a total dead weight. 

He is gone after this season. 

I have never liked him, but when he returned he looked pretty good, so I kept quiet about my dislike of him and gave him credit. But that little bit of good play doesn't even come close to measuring up against the rest of his season. He's a bad hockey player. He makes stupid decisions, he's lazy, and he's obviously not happy. Adios!

My question is, how does Downie even think he has the rep built up to be a lazy player. He's a finge player to start with, when "lazy" get attached to the name of a supposed energy guy, GM's take notice. Right now, Downie is precluding himself from other employment....with each passing game, a new GM will cross him of their list of potential players to sign, trade for.

well played sir...  but jesus christ Rux that new avatar is creepy!!  LOL!

It is creepy, but if it's a picture of Mrs.Ruxpin, jammer2 reserves the right to recant and pretend he never said it!!