Cory Conacher on waivers...

brelic

Wow, his stock has plummeted. He was the hot commodity last year and the Bolts got Bishop out of it. Good on them for selling high.

That being said, anyone interested in picking up Conacher for real cheap? He might look good with Voracek and Giroux.

These guys are also on waivers today:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 4m

On waivers today: Trevor Smith (TOR), Jake Dowell (MIN), Corey Potter (EDM), Joe Corvo and Cory Conacher (OTT), Derek Smith (CGY) plus..

Scott Gomez and Scot Clemmensen (FLA) also on waivers.

These guys are also on waivers today:

On waivers today: Trevor Smith (TOR), Jake Dowell (MIN), Corey Potter (EDM), Joe Corvo and Cory Conacher (OTT), Derek Smith (CGY) plus..

Scott Gomez and Scot Clemmensen (FLA) also on waivers.

I might pick up Clemmensen to back up Mason next season?

Don't have to do the waivers, though - $1.2M UFA at the end of the season.

According to TSN's and ESPN's Pierre Lebrun, Callahan has stuck to his 6.5 mill a year salary, but has knocked down his demands from a 7 year deal to a 6 year deal...well, what a sacrifice....!  How big of him to lower his demands like that!!

@brelic  Hmm, how Conacher stock has plummeted. To give up on somebody this young and with upside, I'm thinking or guessing is a better word that he is a locker room cancer or something. Very rare for a GM to admit defeat on a deal, esp one where he gave up an all star goalie in the process...very odd, something more here than meets the surface.

@brelic  Yeah, Corvo was the only other guy on that list that stuck out to me. At least he's a proven NHL d-man. He should be able to plug into anyones last pairing and be an upgrade. He can run in pp in the pinch, and is a decent skater, I'm thinking somebody makes a move on him. He's exactly the type of depth d-men that gets traded for several times on deadline day...getting him for a waiver claim is a no brainier to me.