Will Torterella get Fined for his Post Winter Classic Presser?

Guest AlaskaFlyerFan

" Who? I don't want to talk about the Flyers..."

"I don't know if NBC got together with the refs to get this game into overtime.."

I wouldn't be shocked. There were some calls there that were pretty bad.

That PS was a bit of shock.

Yeah the PS call was not by the letter of the law. Although, I can see why a ref might call it from a particular vantage point. McDonough did use his glove/arm and ass to stop the puck from going in the net, after all. But he didn't freeze it or really have his glove on it for any lenth of time, so he should be able to get away with it under current rules, strictly applied.

EDIT: Torts should get fined for the comments. He's suggesting collusion, after all. Hell, it's prolly libelous.

Edited by Podein25

I thought there were very few called penalties throughout the game. There were bad non-calls, some of which evened out over the game (the two net off moorings incidents, one called incorrectly, one missed when Philly was up against NYR). Torts should have kept his mouth shut though, as the Rangers did interfere and hold on for dear life a lot of the game.

Word is Torts received a *significant* fine but he avoided suspension. Darren Dreger reported the amount of the fine has not been release but will be in the near future. He also said the fine will take the amount that Torts has been fined over his career, over $100K.

Strong work, Torts!

"I tainted the Winter Classic with my mouth and I shouldn't have," a remorseful Tortorella said. "So I apologize to everyone involved."

Even though he was right.....he should have kept his mouth closed.