Flyers prospect Stolarz starts young, "Hextall"s HoSang

Polaris922

Hopefully jammer chimes in here as I havent seen it...apparently Knights giant Flyer prospect Anthony Stolarz slashed smurf Josh Hosang in the head last night. Most are saying he should be gone for 10 but I doubt Dave (the weasel) Branch would do that to his favorite team. Let the favoritism begin...

Hopefully jammer chimes in here as I havent seen it...apparently Knights giant Flyer prospect Anthony Stolarz slashed smurf Josh Hosang in the head last night. Most are saying he should be gone for 10 but I doubt Dave (the weasel) Branch would do that to his favorite team. Let the favoritism begin...

I take it your not a fan of Branch? ;)   Not following Juniors all the much I know very little about the guy but would welcome any enlightning.  I read that he has handed down some big time suspensions incuding one for Bertuzzi that I was not aware of (looks like he didn't change much from Juniors to the NHL).

@flyercanuck  I turned the game off pretty early, I just can't stomach watching them get smoked like this. Once Slater Kokkeck and Trevor Murphy got hurt, basically our 2 best d-men....this series was really over before it started. I was just *hoping* we could eek out 1 or even 2 wins....does not look like that will be the case.

Disgustingly dirty play by Stolarz. Nice....a guy who potentially can don the O&B and is already on every refs radar, from the OHL, AHL and NHL.....niiiiccceee.  Maybe Ho-Sang did some earlier to infuriate him (who is not known for being even the slightest bit of a cheap shot artist) , but even then, just drop him in a fight, or even tackle him....but don't take a giant swipe with his goal stick when the guys head is turned, how cowardly is that?? 

Very selfish also, you don't pull that kinda crap in the playoffs....what if he gets 3 or 4 games and Windsor climbs back in the series. He let his teammates down BIG TIME....but, at least he did not outright quit like Kuchmey did last night. Never even heard of something like that....he leaves the game without being pulled after the Knights 10th goal, walks right past his teammates, heads to the dressing room, removes his gear, gets dressed and just walked right out of the arena.....and then walked away from his OHL career, a promising young 17 year old on top of it. Boughner says he is done with the team, saying his actions were unforgiveable...and I think he is correct. These are young kids, and under a ton of pressure, but you *just* have to handle things much better than this spoiled brat outbreak.....sad.

Posted · Hidden by flyercanuck, March 27, 2014 - doublepost from phone
Hidden by flyercanuck, March 27, 2014 - doublepost from phone

Branch is despised by most fans of franchises not named London. The gutless one wont show his face in Barrie because of all the biased bs hes done against the Colts. Not even when theyre in the finals.

Posted · Hidden by flyercanuck, March 27, 2014 - doublepost
Hidden by flyercanuck, March 27, 2014 - doublepost

@jammer2

The walking away thing worked for Roy! Lol. That really is amazing though.

Roy at least stayed in the building...kid is done ...at least with the Spits

Missed this when I posted it on the junior thread.....we'll see if Branch has any spine with this suspension.

Well it wasn't a Dave Brown/Sandstrom hit to head but it was a heated hit to the head though....

OOOOOooooooch!!!!!!!!!!

This is the break the Spits needed  :ph34r:

Of course, the sad part is, if my some outright miracle the Spits were to knock out the Knights in the 1st round, London would still go on to play in the Memorial Cup, due to their hosting the event. It is still possible the Knights beat the Spits, but lose in the second round, then, depending on the amount of games in the 2nd round series, Stolarz could theoretically still be suspended for the start of the Memorial Cup tourny.

I agree with this poster on the article: 

Brendan Fyfe  7 hours ago

A two minute penalty is fine. Although he shouldn't have done it, Stolarz didn't exactly wind up and give Ho-Sang a two hander. Ho-Sang went down like he was shot which made it look worse.

The bigger story to me is the goalie QUITTING. WTF?????

but, at least he did not outright quit like Kuchmey did last night. Never even heard of something like that....he leaves the game without being pulled after the Knights 10th goal, walks right past his teammates, heads to the dressing room, removes his gear, gets dressed and just walked right out of the arena.....and then walked away from his OHL career, a promising young 17 year old on top of it.

I have never ever seen anything like that either. If I am his mom / dad, I am pissed. All those early morning car rides to the rink, sacrifices to buy equipment, league fees etc. What the hell was he thinking?? 

Ouch!

I don't condone the play, but 8 games is a bit ridiculous. To me it looked innocuous, but I also get why the league has to nip it in the bud (zero tolerance for head shots). But 8 games???? How many games were the refs suspended for only giving a 2 minute minor?

@Vanflyer  Now that I've had time to reflect, I'm actually surprised this has not happened more often. An immature hot headed 17 year old, who woulda thunk it?  ha ha.

Yeah, but still. You are getting lit up. Fine. Quit the game. Ok. Quit the team???? No.